2005/05/19 18:08:38
mdscorp

FTP USERS PROBLEM CONTINUES

1) My customer is a reseller.
2) his username is "reseller1"
3) he sells an account to a customer "customer1"
4) "customer1" creates several site under his webadmin account.
5) "customer1" creates ftp users and assigns permissions to specific site that he has created.
6) "ftpusers" logon via FTP to their particular FTP sites but they are placed at the "customer1" folder level so they are able to see all other folder sites.
7) in checking FTP server i see that the FTP virtual site called "ftpuser1" is given a home directory of "customer1" which is one level above "ftpuser1".
Why is this ? is creating all kind of problems.
1 comment Leave a comment
HC Team
Yes additional FTP user will land on "Customer1" webspace folder. He can only view all other sites created under "Customer1" but he will only able to modify the contents for those web sites on which he has permissions. I had explained the reason in this thread.

http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/viewforum.asp?forum_id=2&cat_id=1&topic_id=3821&cat_name=General+Discussions&topic_name=My+Resellers+are+cancelling+because+of+bugs%2E&mode=iVRjLgbcVP&c_status=sNYfR&t_status=sNYfR

It is due to Windows behavior we must have to land one level up becuase how we will get to know on how many sites this ftp user has permission.
2005/05/19 18:08:38

Comments are closed.