LockedList of improvement for HC !!!

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
crnunez
Premium Member
RE: List of improvement for HC !!! 2006/02/01 18:59:11 (permalink)
Is very important add 3rd field for Name Server 3!

Name Server 1:
Name Server 2:
Name Server 3: (Optional, but it should be present; it¬s a good feature)...

Thanks.
crnunez
Premium Member
RE: List of improvement for HC !!! 2006/01/21 06:21:15 (permalink)
Update to last AWSTATS 6.5! Thanks.
crnunez
Premium Member
RE: List of improvement for HC !!! 2006/03/03 10:34:25 (permalink)
Hello,
Spanish language pack at this moment has several words without translate. I can translate this again.

Please improve the interface, icons; Windows Vista is the next generation...

Is very important the mail of setup, billing, etc, it should be in multilanguage.

Is very important have for the host and reseller 3rd name server:
Name server 1
Name Server 2
Name Server 3 (Optional)

Support for IPV6, the next generation on Internet IP format.

Thanks.
FL-ex
Premium Member
RE: List of improvement for HC !!! 2006/03/20 10:23:52 (permalink)
Dear HC,

I discussed with you guys about SQL Server support in HC for web admins.

Im not using it because of the way it is implemented and hope it can be more flexible in HC 7 (any plans on that?).

Right now, the way it works, HC COUNTS SQL disk space, but that is not clear to web admin. HC does not detail in the disk report, it considers everything disk space.

So id have to create all my plans doubled, but with more disk space. they would be the plans With SQL.

I wish we could at least activate SQL support and HC not count. So we have the benefits of integration, such as users can create SQL DB¬s online, but at the same time we wouldnt have to create new plans because HC counts everything as disk space...

regards,
Flavio
FL-ex
Premium Member
RE: List of improvement for HC !!! 2006/03/26 11:52:20 (permalink)
I sent this to support regarding better SMTP in Merak, etc. but not sure they understood what I meant, so here it is a suggestions.

Unfortunately, however, I have many mails that are in undelivered folder sometimes and its hard to understand why.

For example:

Errors like "Error","03/17/06","16:59:02","Failed to send mail",""," painel@lucanet.com.br"," lsleite@fiocruz.com.br","Painel de Controle LucaNet - Recuperaÿÿo de Senha","No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.","D:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller\HC_SMTP\recyclebin\9d50bb4d-74b7-4aa2-99d3-4331a26448f5.sqm",

Actually, the error is not quite what HC says. The domain doesnt even have an MX... Thats the real error.

See Merak log with same recipient:

SYSTEM [00001358] Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:15:14 -0300 Disconnected
SYSTEM [00001D80] Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:15:14 -0300 Client session Message id VXG21912 item 200603171715140004.tm$
SYSTEM [00001D80] Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:15:18 -0300 Client session DNS query ¬fiocruz.com.br¬ 3 (0) [Not found]
SYSTEM [00001D80] Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:15:18 -0300 Client session Delivery error Not found
SYSTEM [00001D80] Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:15:18 -0300 Client session Disconnected

Then its clear to me that there is no MX... 3 (0), in other words, no MX...

The errors it seems are not standard SMTP logging errors in HC. So its very hard to find out reason...

Can you please consider this for next HC version? Better logging?

And also, one feature Merak has and would be great if HC had... "If direct delivery fails, use relay server". So the recipients that HC cant sent mail to, relay to another server to try.

because its really annoying to have to go to the undelivered folder, try to find out reason for email not being sent, etc.

In this way, I would feel safer as in case of problems, it would try relay server (some other mail server in another IP, etc).

Thanks a lot.
FL-ex
Premium Member
RE: List of improvement for HC !!! 2006/03/26 11:56:45 (permalink)
Sorry, I meant better SMTP/logging in HC, not Merak :)

thanks.
crnunez
Premium Member
RE: List of improvement for HC !!! 2006/03/30 11:24:44 (permalink)
Hello,
Is very important that we have a fully report of the Bandwidth of mailing, Disk Space of Mailing.

- Full and complete Awstats, with web (transfer + disk space) + email (disk space usage + bandwidth), We need a fully reports (web sites + mail server).
- Reports for MailEnable.

Thanks.
FL-ex
Premium Member
RE: List of improvement for HC !!! 2006/04/19 14:36:31 (permalink)
Would be really usefull if HC could generate welcome message to existing users on the fly.

reason: person responsable changes, etc. so we have to resend welcome msg.
FL-ex
Premium Member
RE: List of improvement for HC !!! 2006/04/24 11:53:19 (permalink)
Would be very important to be able to migrate sites from 1 webadmin to another, or else its really tought to have to backup everything, delete all sites, recreate, restore from bkp, etc. to be able to do this manually.
FL-ex
Premium Member
RE: List of improvement for HC !!! 2006/04/24 12:08:35 (permalink)
Some things HC guaranteed wed have in HC 7 :)

- be able to change mysql password

- new forum

- to be able to occult/remove options from menu of options (left side) for webadmins

- new version will not have session TIMEOUT

- to be able to translate the variables from HC disk report such as

Disk Space Left: & Disk Space Over run

and for BW: Bandwidth Over run & Bwidth left

- Have a complete manual updated on HC, explain things such as how to change subject of welcome msg, etc. which AFAIK are undocumented, we have to go to forum to get info and it should be IMHO in the manual (which inexists/is outdated).

I prefer much more an updated manual than all those videos, etc.

Tks.
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: List of improvement for HC !!! 2006/04/26 02:22:01 (permalink)
This is my view but i think hc are pushing it, trying to support more linux stuff apache etc takes more time, wouldnt it be better to focus on windows, hc v7 is going to be great but i can see a lot of bugs being in it, come on all these requests i doubt they will have time to do 50% of them, not their fault just the way it is. I would prefer a no bug hc v7 than more linux support.
hgurol
RE: List of improvement for HC !!! 2006/04/26 12:35:22 (permalink)
@Dhosting.co.uk
They will implement only the %50 of these feature requests anyway. So the time issue will not be as scarey as you thin, dont worry.

I dont worry much about the possible bugs either. Its very normal to have a bunch of bugs for this kind of a big software poroject, specially when it is beening re-written completely from scratch. But with the speed of fixes HC released till today, I believe those bugs will be sorted in a short of time. Of course I assume that HC will provide a beta version and enough time for us to test and find most of the bugs before a release.

I believe the current version either lacks of or need improvements for some serious windows features. I also dont look warm for more linux features before these windows features are satisfied with the new version. However if they believe the windows features are satisfied enough the more linux support will not hurt anyone.

SupermanInNY
RE: List of improvement for HC !!! 2006/04/26 15:53:09 (permalink)
Throw away the Linux mix.
If you want to do Linux,. go with a linux box. If you want to do windows,. do a windows box.
I understand the want and need to have it all like (and please don¬t get offended by mentioning other companies) ********, but you need to have a rock solid and with the correct and working features first. The list of improvements is very long as it is.. and that¬s without mentioning anything about Linux complication.
Throw away the Linux portion add it later.. at version 7.5. Leave the functions that you create open so you can add the Linux functionality down the road,. but focus on the Windows software.
Just my 2 cents.
crnunez
Premium Member
RE: List of improvement for HC !!! 2006/04/26 16:42:35 (permalink)
Please, relax guys :)

We want to have the best Hosting Controller, the best HC for all us.

The request of Luca2 is a mininal change in only a few option, don¬t worry :)...

- Add change password for MySQL.
- Add change password for MSSQL (It¬s my request :)).
- New forum >>> Excellent, a this moment we have a new forum phpBB (the best FREE forum of the market).
- others request some small (under "Linux"), it is not a problem.

Never Hosting Controller will use Apache, then What¬s up?

I really don¬t understand the "panic scene" (I can¬t find the exactly expresion more light). :)
HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: List of improvement for HC !!! 2006/01/05 12:00:13 (permalink)
We will support ¬Apache¬ for linux and new version will provide complete flexibility either to create site on windows or linux platform.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to: