LockedRestore Problem

Author
n8works
2005/02/12 03:25:18 (permalink)

Restore Problem

I am trying to use RBX to migrate to new hardware.
When I try to restore using the same UNC path and password I used for backu, I get an error:
RebuildXpress Can not restore the hosting controller database. Error is: "the system can not find the file specified"
If I select the backup directory under the UNC then the app seems to be reading data (it shows a percentage bar when I click on the advanced button in the next step) however there are no websites listed in the window that pops up. Any ideas on what this could be?

Also It be nice to have a little more documentation on the recommended way to migrate or restore data. Answer the questions:
How do I activate/deactivate to use only one licesne of HC and RBX?
How do I handle IP addresses so that my sites use the same IPs they had before?

Thanks,
Nate

3 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Restore Problem 2005/02/14 03:47:18 (permalink)
    When restoring you must give the full path to the folder where HC database and other backups reside. For example, if \\Computer\Backup\02-14-05-HCMetaData.

When moving hardware, deactivate HC on your old hardware, install HC on new hardware and activate. On the new machine configure IPs in your NIC and in HC. The RBX will use the IPs it finds in HC settings (IP-Less Domain IP) and in your NIC (for IP-based Domains).

Let me know if you got further questions.
    n8works
    RE: Restore Problem 2005/02/16 02:53:07 (permalink)
    I have done this. My new server is activated and Rbx is looing at the right files. If I click on the advanced button I do not see the list of sites. I have RBX on another server as well and I DO see the list of sites on that one, so there must be something wrong with this. I have tried to migrate manually but re-setting permissions like hosting controller is a PITA! I really need some support on this. I have left voice messages, emails, etc. No call backs. Please give me a call back or I need a refund on this product.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Restore Problem 2005/02/16 03:25:18 (permalink)
    I think you better open a ticket and then visit us on live chat so that we may together see it.

If you face problem with catching support engineer please email me directly aziz AT hostingcontroller.com.

Thank you.
    Jump to: