LockedIs time of new HC release.

Author
crnunez
Premium Member
2006/04/02 09:45:00 (permalink)

Is time of new HC release.

Hello friends,
The last release (version 6.1) has been on July 21, 2004.

Other companies have several releases in comparison with HC. I¬m an old customer of HC and I¬m very impatient for a new release, my customers also are very impatient for a new release.
When any company launches new releases, this is an indicator of the good improvement¬s company.

I like the HC, and I will be very happy when HC release new version.

Regards.

6 Replies Related Threads

SupermanInNY
    RE: Is time of new HC release. 2006/03/04 11:30:28 (permalink)
    I¬m ready now!

I¬ve been hearing about the Hc7 since August 2005,..about how it is due ¬within few months¬, then it was changed to March-April 2006.
    We are in April 2006.
    I¬m ready!
    Is there a real due date?
    Also,. with MySQL specifically,. the naming convention for all database names,. I find it very unwise to let users pick their own name with no prefix. That means that if a user decides to have forum as the database name,. other usres can¬t have the same name.
    It would be wise to force a prefix, like username_ appended at the front of the database name, much like in other cp. That way there is no conflict in database names.

---

Just got the following from HC Support:

[tahir]:We have plan to launch the beta version for HC 7.0 in June

So Beta will only be rolled out (in the best case scenario) in June,. so the production product is due around? 2007 (hence perhaps the HC7?)
    hgurol
    RE: Is time of new HC release. 2006/03/04 12:14:08 (permalink)
    The new version HC7.0 was first announced at 25 January 2005. When it was first announded the release was due to March 2006, then it was delayed to April 2006 now the Beta is due to June 2006, which probably means the final release would be in late 2006 or early 2007. I believe you guys are writing the HC7.0 from scratch with asp.net and with only 1 or 2 developers.

Big projects like this are always delays and the initial deadlines are mostly misses but I was expecting a 2 or at most 3 months delay, not this much.

The worst of all you dont bother yourself to inform us. At least you can give information about the progress of the development and give is the most possible accurate dates so we can plan on our business accordingly. Ohhh I know giving more accurate dates reqires a good planning, which you are not aware of.

You just keep silently editing the announcement post to reflect new dates each time the projects delay; instead of making a new announcement and informing about situation. How childish is that!

If there are any courses to teach you about planning, customer care and professionalism close to your location, please do sign-up for that. I will gladly pay for your course fee.

saksher
    RE: Is time of new HC release. 2006/04/04 10:25:34 (permalink)
    Yes, we are also eagerly looking forward for HC new release and my understanding was that it would release in Apr-may 2006 and doubt if that be possible. I have checked with their support dept on this, and they are saying it may take few more months ;) before it could be launched. BTW, I am keeping my fingers crossed for HC v7 and hopefully it will be a big bang in hosting industry.

@hgurol : From how long you have been using HC ? if its been time then you should have a chance working with HC development dept, and I can bet that HC has more than 2 developers. I¬m a programmer myself and sometimes it becomes difficult to write an application from scratch in time, esp considering HC is still releasing hotfixs¬ each month...

I have my best wishes with v7 development and we expect to see a much stable and feature-full version. Being HC customer we shouldn¬t be bashing on them all the time, rather best way to go forward is to support them in every possible way.

Blessed.
    hgurol
    RE: Is time of new HC release. 2006/04/04 12:12:08 (permalink)
    @saksher
    its allegory or allusion. Just like I wont pay for any course.

and Its not about being late. If you plan your project properly, work good on your time allocations, you always get more accurate dates. Things happen(it always happens) and you see you will miss your date so you re-plan your project(the rest of it). You delay but you give clear information about the dates and delays accourdingly. Even further you give information about the progress of your project. This is what I call "Professionalism".

I dont think you could get my point well or maybe I couldnt point it good enough.
    saksher
    RE: Is time of new HC release. 2006/04/04 14:14:40 (permalink)
    @hgurol : I did get your point and I agree with you upto some extent... but I was never talking about time line here, or how HC should have adopted best development practice to encounter all costing issues... I am sure their dev team is quite capable in handling that.

My simple point is we should be helping HC morally in every possible way to develop the best solutions. I am quite confident that they will come up with a great product at the end of the day for web hosting companies like us.

Give them a piece of mind and in return we would like HC to tell us the exact date of beta release and hopefully this time it will not be compromised. ;-)

Blessed.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Is time of new HC release. 2006/11/04 09:45:00 (permalink)
    @hugrol

Please no more bashing.....

It is getting delayed because we are looking to release a reliable product so please wait for some more time hopefully you will get an improved version which will be up to your level of satisfaction. Thanx :)
    Jump to: