LockedNew funtions in Hotfix 3.1 not working

Author
jdsousa
2006/04/21 12:25:57 (permalink)

New funtions in Hotfix 3.1 not working

phpBB and WordPress don¬t working in the new hotfix 3.1 and support can¬t resolve the issue. See below:

"Hello, Please help me.. I¬¬¬¬ told to your MSN Support the below issue: when I setup a new Blog gives me an error: Error establishing a database connection. In wp-config.php has the line: define(¬¬¬¬DB_HOST¬¬¬¬, ¬¬¬¬HERMES¬¬¬¬); // 99% chance you won¬¬¬¬t need to change this value why the netbios name of the remote machine of mysql and not the IP address ? And when I setup a phpBB forum in HC the phpBB config .php file is blank I instaled the 3.1 hotfix.. I setup the Blog and the phpBB that comes with the new hotfix but both gives the error that I tell you Thanks for your help. João ."

"Hi,

If you are receving database connection error in WordPress then make sure that you have configured correctly Mysql database in HC setting.exe and you are able to create new database in HC panel.

If you receving blank page in PHPbb forum then make sure that you have give full permissions to AdvWebAdmin on PHP installation path and you have gave correct path of php in HC setting.exe. Also you should have installed support version of php you can download it from this url http://ar2.php.net/distributions/php-5.0.3-installer.exe. Thanks

Regards,

"Dear....

No, this is not the solution... All is right setuped.. all are working... only the new functions that 3.1 hotfix instaled that doesn¬t work.

I wanna a correct solution, please. I will open a post in the HC forum.

Thanbks.

João"

So, I setup the MySQL in HC settings with a IP in the Name field and in the IP address field.. The wp-config.php are correct setuped, but the message continues: Error establishing a database connection. But when I setup a new database from HC this works.

Can anyone help me ?

1 Reply Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: New funtions in Hotfix 3.1 not working 2006/04/21 12:25:57 (permalink)
    We already replied you for your last mail but you did not reply. Anyway please read this thread and if you still have problem then send us your server access.
    Jump to: