LockedConcerned about HC and new release - Please Read.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
ts
Premium Member
2006/05/07 08:42:03 (permalink)

Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read.

Ok, a few things about hosting controller and the new release concern me and should concern other users of HC.

We find I very strange that HC is possibly about to release a new control panel but has yet to give any type of announcement or screen shots about it, List of features, technology or anything else to that matter.

As you can see from there competitors, H*LM , P*ESK, etc.. They all give details about there “up and coming releases” with screen shots, demos, Development cycles, beta’s etc...

This concerns us that HC is ether, no where near completing the control panel, completely BS’ing all of us that there is even a new panel coming out and doing this to stop users from moving on past HC since its technology is outdated.

HC, you owe it to your customers to show your work and give details, screen shots, demos etc.. About the new release and a true release date.

The fact that you should only be a month or two away from releasing it but have nothing to show for it concerns us greatly.

Please other HC users, let me know if you agree about this and maybe HC will see its time to show us what they are doing if anything.

Note: I have been asking HC via email and live chat for any type of screenshots, demos, betas, technology details etc..but they have always ignored my requests so I felt it was time to open a post about this issue.

20 Replies Related Threads

kieranmullen
    Premium Member
    RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/07/05 13:09:13 (permalink)
    I wouldnt mind seeing it. However there are so many items that could be added to the current version without the need for a heavy upgrade.

KM
    redbaran
    Premium Member
    RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/07/05 13:29:55 (permalink)
    I would have to agree on this.

If HC is concerned about competition seeing anything then just send it to the customer base that have a license.

I was looking at other options until I heard that this next version will include the linux cp option.
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/08/05 05:26:01 (permalink)
    At the moment we are getting slightly annoyed with the amount of bugs in hc, we are having to spend more time fixing hc than anything else.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/08/05 13:17:08 (permalink)
    Being a customer of Hosting Controller your concern is right but as I have mentioned earlier that HC upcoming version is not a simple release. There are lots of reasons which make it complex and time taking job like Code has been redesigned and written in .NET , Multi Server support for both Windows and Linux Servers and some more unique features. FYI HC v7.0 development was originally started in March, 2005.

We could have released many versions after v6.1 because every feature of upcoming v7.0 is itself a version but we are looking to offer something new which is equipped with all of them and accumulatly they can boost your hosting business. I cannot let you know exactly before beta release due to company policy and we are very strict with it. Please wait a little more because beta version is almost completed and in final phase. Thanx
    ts
    Premium Member
    RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/05/18 09:32:41 (permalink)
    Ok, So you never answered any of the questions,

How about this, What is the release date of the software? Any development compney should have a release date.
    BitNetMonkey
    RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/05/18 19:41:49 (permalink)
    tonymak
    Premium Member
    RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/05/20 07:26:51 (permalink)
    Well someone has be the pain in the butt so I guess I will.

While a new version with the features of multi-server support and all the nuances that go with it may be good for some but the current standalone version may be better for the layout and needs of others.

There are certain features of the current version of HC that my company depends on and I for one am hoping that if a new major change is introduced the current stand alone version will remain and be enhanced and supported.

So not to start a bash on myself nor on HC’s continued commitment to work with us, be it known I’m not saying a new version wouldn’t be better but at the expense of some features may not be worth it. So my vote if allowed, would be the continued existence of the current version fully supported, maintained and enhanced.
    FL-ex
    Premium Member
    RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/05/21 15:05:34 (permalink)
    Dear tonyhawk,

let me put here also my opinion. I think it will be tough for HC to maintain 2 versions. But Im also worried that will have drastic changes that might change what is working fine for us, even because we had to customize some things due to different reality of our country (Brazil) in terms of billing...

So I just hope the upgrade is relax, that there arent drastic changes, etc.

HC can you tell us a bit about this? Will database structure change? Will it be auto upgraded, etc?

Other things I expressed in this forum like I like the way Merak is integrated now, prefer than HC creating the accounts like other panels do (more risks). Ive seen panels break down mail servers depending on level of integration they have.

So maybe HC can put a demo on their site so we can evaluate, suggest, etc. and comment a bit on the degree of changes... would be great to know.

tks
    ts
    Premium Member
    RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/05/24 18:06:17 (permalink)

As for change, Well everyone is worried about change. If we did not change all of us would be running windows 3.1 . So change or updates is a needed part of all businesses. I would agree if HC decided not to support there older version any longer just as you would not expect Microsoft to support your windows 95 PC.

Of course, HC should give a ETD (estimated time of death) to its old version to allow all customers that time to upgrade, In that time they also should address any bugs or security issues, but after that, I don’t see any reasons for them to support it after the ETD.

But once again, This all depends on “IF” HC even releases there new version or a demo / screenshots anytime before the next ice age.

saksher
    RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/05/25 12:14:26 (permalink)
    Yes, offcourse HC must give some time frame so that everyone should know in advance that how long they can use existing version.

Moreover, as like every other HC customer I am eager to get my hands on its beta release ...

The way HC is doing its covert development of new version, it seems more like they are working on a nuclear bomb rather on a web hosting control panel ;)

Blessed.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/05/25 14:04:17 (permalink)
    HC v7C does not have any issue with HC v6.1, you can run both of them at a time on a single machine. FYI we will be supporting v6.1 for atleast 6 months period or till we are fully satisfied with v7C working.
    BitNetMonkey
    RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/05/31 19:31:33 (permalink)
    What does it take to become a beta tester for HC7?
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/06/06 18:01:20 (permalink)
    I agree with this post also I¬m very happy with the new HC version. I really want to be impacted with this new version, I wait to have all features of their HC competitors and more, more... :)

Will version V7 be able to surprise me?

Regards.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/06/21 12:10:48 (permalink)
    @BitNetMonkey

We will update our website whenever beta will be ready to release. Then you will have to contact us by email.

@crnunez

Sure.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: