LockedHelp With Migration Plan

Author
davidgky
2006/07/19 08:26:23 (permalink)

Help With Migration Plan

I¬m working on upgrading from win2k to 2003. I have hc running with over 120 sites. I have recently purchased rbx and need to get a plan created on the server migration. Has anyone done this with over 100 sites? My big concerns at this point are things like:

- MailEnable messages
- windows accounts
- sql databases
- dns

I guess what I¬m looking for is someone that has done this and the migration worked using rbx. And if not, what else was needed, etc?

Thanks for any help.

3 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Help With Migration Plan 2006/07/24 15:33:37 (permalink)
    Don¬t you worry migration is very easy and reliable from 2000 to 2003 server. One of our customer has migrated over 1000 domains through RBX so you can try.

Hopefully you will not have any problem. If you have any problem regarding migration you can contact us any time.
    redbaran
    Premium Member
    RE: Help With Migration Plan 2006/07/25 09:23:14 (permalink)
    I would test first before you tryto do the migration. We have worked with HC and put about 40 hours in to trying to get this to work from W2k/SQL 2000 to W2003/SQL 2005 and have several things that we still have not restore correctly during our tests.

There is an issue with restoring the HC DB.
    User SQL DB¬s will not restore completely.
    All user data will not restore completely.
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Help With Migration Plan 2006/07/26 08:26:23 (permalink)
    Let me know how you get on mate, we are moving from a single 2003 box to a NLB cluster, currently testing stuff, should be able to test hc 6.1 on the cluster tonight see wht it can and can¬t do.

Extra note when we hv the hc backup service running on our box the server bcomes very very very slugish, i.e. accessing rdp, running tasks become slow, not sure if theirs a bug or something.

Anyways we will be migrating from the one box to a two node cluster, all though their both w2k3 and sql 2005 it will be interesting if ur migration between the two different OS goes well.
    Jump to: