Locked.NET only?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
ASPWorld
Starting Member
2006/10/24 18:09:56 (permalink)

.NET only?

aside from a couple of changes and additions, is the only new design that fact that it is written in .NET?

It pretty much looks the same to me as HC 6.x.

Richard

16 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: .NET only? 2006/10/26 04:17:28 (permalink)
    You must have to check its feature list at this URL: http://hostingcontroller.com/english/products/Hc7Beta/Features-WebHostDreams.html

+1-213-341-1419
    ASPWorld
    Starting Member
    RE: .NET only? 2006/10/26 06:27:39 (permalink)
    Can I move a domain or webadmin between resellers?

Can I promote a webadmin to reseller?

Richard
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: .NET only? 2006/10/27 07:20:05 (permalink)
    These features are not yet supported in HC7.

+1-213-341-1419
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: .NET only? 2006/10/27 08:53:14 (permalink)
    I reckon moving a webadmin is posible with a bit of work and thought, promotion of a webadmin to reseller isnt easy :)

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
    My views are my own and not those of my company.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: .NET only? 2006/10/30 08:43:39 (permalink)
    Yes "moving a webadmin between resellers" feature is in our list and hopefully we will start working on this feature after final release of HC7.

+1-213-341-1419
    Billy
    Starting Member
    RE: .NET only? 2006/10/31 19:36:11 (permalink)
    A few things I'm disappointed in is the DNS management.. I was hoping for something like Plesk does.. and also the ability to "oversell" Bandwidth or diskusage.. I want to sell my resellers a amount of disk space and bandwidth and they can sell as much as they want, but if they go over thier limits, then I charge them.. No more "can't add website because not enough disk space" crap.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: .NET only? 2006/01/11 04:53:59 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Billy

A few things I'm disappointed in is the DNS management.. I was hoping for something like Plesk does.. and also the ability to "oversell" Bandwidth or diskusage.. I want to sell my resellers a amount of disk space and bandwidth and they can sell as much as they want, but if they go over thier limits, then I charge them.. No more "can't add website because not enough disk space" crap.

Please explain what kind of features you are looking for DNS Management? Moreover, you can configure disk usage settings from My Server--->Configure Disk Usage option as per your requirements. Reseller can not create any domain if he does not have disk space quota in his purchased plans.

+1-213-341-1419
    Billy
    Starting Member
    RE: .NET only? 2006/01/11 11:32:01 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by HC Support

Please explain what kind of features you are looking for DNS Management?

Looking for a system where you basicly have options to choose from like what kind of record (in a pull down box) such as a A, MX, CNAME, PTR etc.. and then a field to enter in the hostname/ip address or whatever.. If you all havne't looked at plesk control pannel, please do, they have the DNS management interface that I think most people here would want. Very easy to use.. They even setup "template" DNS settings for different packages etc..

quote:

Moreover, you can configure disk usage settings from My Server--->Configure Disk Usage option as per your requirements. Reseller can not create any domain if he does not have disk space quota in his purchased plans.

As for Disk Space, my point was.. not being able to "oversell" stuff.. example.. I sell a reseller 2gigs of space.. He in turns sets up plans that have 250 Megs. He sells 8 Plans.. He can't sell a 9th.. Even if non of his customers are not remotly using the 250 megs.. Not to mention, I want the ability to sell the plan regardless if it excedes the Disk Usage or Bandwidth usage #'s, because I want them to sell as many as possible so that I can charge for overusage. Make sense?

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: .NET only? 2006/02/11 12:16:06 (permalink)
    We calculate reseller quota whatever he has sold. If he has sold more than allocated then he can not create domain. Lets see how many others are agreed with you.

+1-213-341-1419
    Tariq
    Starting Member
    RE: .NET only? 2006/02/11 14:21:05 (permalink)

I 100% agree with Billy
    quote:

As for Disk Space, my point was.. not being able to "oversell" stuff.. example.. I sell a reseller 2gigs of space.. He in turns sets up plans that have 250 Megs. He sells 8 Plans.. He can't sell a 9th.. Even if non of his customers are not remotly using the 250 megs.. Not to mention, I want the ability to sell the plan regardless if it excedes the Disk Usage or Bandwidth usage #'s, because I want them to sell as many as possible so that I can charge for overusage. Make sense?

By this way we can sell a shared server plan. The reseller can use the Plan as he has his own server with a limit Disk Usage and Bandwidth. It will be a good advantage to our hosting plans.
    ASPWorld
    Starting Member
    RE: .NET only? 2006/02/11 16:32:25 (permalink)
    Yea, I've got to agree too :)

Richard
    luis
    Starting Member
    RE: .NET only? 2006/11/24 14:39:53 (permalink)
    Yes. I also agree 100%.
    This has been a real problem for us.

Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: .NET only? 2006/11/24 14:44:09 (permalink)
    Ok guys follow this one

If i setup a reseller with 2gb disk space
    He sells 200gb disk space

He then legs it after he’s taken all his customers money

The customers are annoyed yes its the resellers fault but it still could effect your image

So there’s positives and negatives to overselling

So hc add it as an option i.e. allow overselling or something like that. It would require some extra calculations but if you put your minds to it i don’t see it being a big issue.

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
    My views are my own and not those of my company.
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: .NET only? 2006/12/17 15:12:40 (permalink)
    But the elementary idea is sell more and more extra addons, i.e, reseller 2500 MB = 10 plans (250 MB) or 20 plans with 125 MB, if the reseller want to have more disk space then he should buy more! ...I don't think that is a problem...

RN
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: