LockedHC7 Upgrade here we go :)

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
2006/12/13 05:03:18 (permalink)

HC7 Upgrade here we go :)

Right guys and girls,

We are looking at doing our upgrade from 6.1 to 7.0c this weekend, we are waiting for hc to give the green light on the upgrade to make sure its going to go perfectly, they are doing final tests at the moment i believe.

If anyone does the upgrade before us post in here so we can see how you found it etc, i hope its painfree :) or its going to be a long weekend.

Looking at doing a full rbx backup before hand then hitting the install button :)

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
My views are my own and not those of my company.

43 Replies Related Threads

Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2006/12/13 17:26:25 (permalink)
    Right i decided lets go for this update, we dont have our license yet but trial will do

We are using the following
    http://support.hostingcontroller.com/index.php?action=kb&article=157

Right installed hc7 along side our hc 6.1 seems to run fine no conflicts which is good

Now it installed ok but after changing global settings then going to add first server i filled the info out but get

Error : 73400030 : Unknown exception occurred while saving Web Server settings.

Settings we used for adding new server
    Web root folder : d:\domains
    IPLess Domain IP : 195.90.120.120
    Application Pool Creation : Yes
    Application Pool Recycling : Both
    Serv-U INI File Path : C:\program files\rhinosoft.com\serv-u\ServUDaemon.ini
    PHP Filter Path : c:\php\php5isapi.dll
    Perl Install Path : c:\perl
    .NET Framework Install Path :c:\windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322
    AWStats Update Interval : 3hrs

We use serv-u now when i select serv-u daemon.ini it still shows test.com for default domain, when it should be ftp.dhosting.co.uk

So we cant do anything at the moment hc emailed awaiting response.

I will keep you all posted, interface seems fast though.

Looking at the hc guide should be painless for moving everyone in well i hope :)

Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2006/12/15 17:38:46 (permalink)
    Woo hc released an update today fixes serv-u you can now select the default domain.

Next issue you cant have multiple mysql installs on one box, dont ask me why as it was a feature of 6.

Something odd in the dns there are two mx records, one for domain.com and one for mail.domain.com usually you only have one for domain.com which in this case points to mail.domain.com A record

Now theres no A record for mail.domain.com so i assume this is an error so the mx which says mail.domain.com should actually be an A record.

HC can you update me on this

Edit...
    Also if you go to config payment gateways select paypal notice
    https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr is set for gateway url, so you cant just out of the box use paypal

I'm now getting very concerned :(

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2006/12/16 08:10:02 (permalink)
    Yes you can upgrade to HC7 from HC6. If you have more than one webservers then please upgrade them one by one. If first one works fine then upgrade next. In case of any issue please let us know by sending mail on support@hostingcontroller.com.

@Dhosting.co.uk

You have been using two mySQL Servers with HC6 through a work around. It is not a feature of HC6. Anyway we will try to find some work around for HC7.

Regarding two MX records, it is working in HC7 the way it was working with HC6. If you want to change it then you can change DNS zone format by globally change its settings at hcadmin level.

I did nt understand your query about Paypal. Let me explain you about some options:

Set SEND IPN= NO

If you don't want to define IPN URL in hcpanel and want to use the IPN URL which you have given in Paypal interface then select NO

Set SEND IPN=YES
    and give

IPN URL= http://www.YourDomain.com:8787/BillingManger/PaymentResponse.aspx

HC will redirect page on the IPN URL which you will define in IPN URL field.

SEND IPN

Enter YES ------ With IPN URL -->Redirects to the entered page(IPN URL = http://www.YourDomain.com:8787/BillingManger/PaymentResponse.aspx)

Enter YES -------- With no IPN URL -->Automatically pick from AddressBar and Redirects to that

Enter NO -------- if you do not want to receive the IPN on a page and want to login to the Paypal site to see the IPN response. In this case you have to login to the site and will have to enter the following URL for the IPN checking.
    http://www.YourDomain.com:8787/BillingManger/PaymentResponse.aspx?Gateway=Paypal

IPN URL:
    Here enter the URL of the page where you want to receive the IPN response. If you will leave this field empty the current login of your panel will be concatenated, and will be sent to the Paypal for the response IPN.

+1-213-341-1419
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2006/12/16 08:17:41 (permalink)
    Regarding mysql, no work around was used, it worked out of the box :)

We have a workaround we can use but it will only work on our kit just a pain in the backside

Paypal
    If you go and edit the paypal gateway you will see gateway url is set to https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr this means payments cant be accepted, sandbox is a test environment, theres no mention in the docs you have to change this again i assume tis been left in by the devs by mistake

DNS
    Will update you when i test it, just odd to see two mx records

Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2006/12/16 17:02:10 (permalink)
    HC can you clear something up about database servers for me

We decided as a work around for multiple mysql on one server not supported we would do a secondary hc install on our second box, we use mysql5 replication so it doesnt matter which server the databases are added they are replicated to both boxes.

Anyways i noticed when you add the second server your forced into specifying a second mssql server, is hc assuming that the admin would want mssql on all boxes etc, maybe an option to enable mssql on this box or something like that, some boxes might be for websites and mysql db's and have high performance boxes for mssql

Hope you can clear this one up :)

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2006/12/19 03:03:24 (permalink)
    Chris, We will provide two mySQL instances handling through HC Panel soon.

Actually we follow standardization among all servers. If you set Server Role as Database Server then HC will ask you to provide MySQL/MS SQL Server configuration information for all servers in the cluster.

+1-213-341-1419
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2006/12/19 03:08:10 (permalink)
    Yep - as soon as i get my license which i hope is today - hint hint sales :) i will do some testing but cant add domains at the min etc

Got some issues with autosignup as mentioned in the general section of the forum, not sure whats going on their but looks like the edit feature doesnt work properly for some reason :)

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2006/12/19 05:22:55 (permalink)
    I will reply you about autosignup in its respective thread.

+1-213-341-1419
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2006/12/20 14:25:15 (permalink)
    I cant give you any updates at the moment hc users

We now have our license yipee :)

But we are having issues with activation awaiting devs to get back to me on this one.

Once its sorted i will be doing some more testing and go live date looks to be 27th December 2006 so watch this space :)

Control Panel will be on http://www.hc7.co.uk nice three letter domain!

Update.....
    Control Panel is fixed, simple repair sorted it out!

Takes 30secs to reg a box maybe some speed improvments could be sorted their, i guess you only do it once :)

www.Dhosting.co.uk - Web Hosting, Domain Registration, Windows 2003 NLB Cluster with HC 6.1!!!
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2006/12/27 08:37:20 (permalink)
    Right long time since i updated this.

We always seem to get the bad end of hc app's, 3 reinstalls etc we are back up and running but hc7 is still not ready for us to migrate users into.

1. You cant specify a merak IP, hc devs seems to think you would have mail on a different box to the master so you would install hc7 secondary installer, this make sense but merak has webmail so port 80 is required, so even though merak is on our master box its on a different IP, so until this is fixed we cant move everyone in.

2. Currently we cant enable debug logging at all on either box awaiting hc's response they seem to think rebooting our boxes would fix the issue and they did but without our permission currently chasing this up with hc managers, i understand that hc are supposed to ask before rebooting live boxes, it does make sense to to so, anyone else had this issue? Mail and FTP downtime were a result of HC not asking a simple question and oh it didnt fix the issue, why do people think reboots fix issues, they dont always!

Happy New Year Everyone! (Not the person who clicked restart!)

www.Dhosting.co.uk - Web Hosting, Domain Registration, Windows 2003 NLB Cluster with HC 6.1!!!
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2006/12/28 11:38:34 (permalink)
    @Chris

I am sorry for the Server reboot. Support will take care next time.

1- Set Separate Mail Server IP feature is included in our to - do list.

2- "Enable debug logging" has been fixed.

Please update your machine with latest Build No. 7.00.0004.

+1-213-341-1419
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2006/12/28 11:41:05 (permalink)
    Updating as we speak

Regarding merak, how are we supposed to migrate users in if hc doesnt work as it should?

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2006/12/29 06:28:11 (permalink)
    Well it was not the feature of HC6 but there was a work around by configuring mail server as remote instead of local to set separate mail server IP. This has already been reported to Dev. team so we will provide this feature in HC7 soon.

+1-213-341-1419
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2006/12/29 06:35:35 (permalink)
    To be honest i've heard the same comment i would love to know what actually were the features of 6.1 it seems it changes day by day.

The amount of bugs which keep showing up is very large, along with security bug its not ready for real world release in my view.

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to: