LockedHC6.1 afther upgrade to HC 7 And AWSTATS

Author
Albert38
2006/12/24 05:13:21 (permalink)

HC6.1 afther upgrade to HC 7 And AWSTATS

Just a few litle question is it safe to uninstall HC6.1 afther upgrading to HC 7.
I installed HC 7 on a server and would like to use AWSTATS afther creating a STATS site on a website there is a file awstats.{website}.conf generated but afthet 4 houre there are still no statistics generated. I pointed the perl install path to "c:\program files\perl\bin" where the file perl.exe is located. I have no idea what else can be wrong.

3 Replies Related Threads

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC6.1 afther upgrade to HC 7 And AWSTATS 2006/12/25 02:34:54 (permalink)
    Here is thearticle which has instructions to upgrade your HC6 to HC7. Before upgrading you must ensure that all of your configurations of HC7 are same as you have in HC6.1. It is recommended to install PERL on the root and path should be like this "c:\perl\perl.exe". If your stats are not being updated, it might be the reason you have wrong Log file path set in IIS. Please make sure about your Log file path and AWStats Update Interval configured in HC7. Besides this If AwStats is not showing previous months Stats then you should replace your AwStats \Data folder of HC6 installation to HC7 at this location: \Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller 7C\AWStats\Data with all domains .conf files e.g Awstats.domain.com.conf.

Upgradation logs are lcoated at this path "\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller 7C\Logs" of your HC7 installation. You might like to consult with these logs to verify if everything is perfectly upgraded to HC7. If everything is working fine in HC7 then you can uninstall HC6 on your machine.

+1-213-341-1419
    Dalwano
    RE: HC6.1 afther upgrade to HC 7 And AWSTATS 2007/05/01 21:12:15 (permalink)
    I have a similar problem. Installing the stats worked and I can see the current stats (I copied over the data files). The problem is when I try to regenerate the stats, I get the following error:

Error: Couldn't open server log file "c:\Webspace\reseller\webadmin\testdomain.com\log\ex070106.log" : No such file or directory

Setup ('C:\Program Files\Advanced Communications\Hosting Controller 7C\Awstats/awstats.testdomain.com.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
    Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

I checked and c:\Webspace\reseller\webadmin\testdomain.com\log\ex070106.log doesn't exist but it does exist in c:\Webspace\reseller\webadmin\testdomain.com\log\W3SVC9\ex070106.log
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: HC6.1 afther upgrade to HC 7 And AWSTATS 2007/06/01 06:05:47 (permalink)
    Your AwStats issue has been fixed by replacing respective domain awstats.domain.com.conf files from HC6 AwStats installation folders to HC7.

+1-213-341-1419
    Jump to: