LockedPiece of crap

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
oakleeman
RE: Piece of crap 2007/01/31 20:27:22 (permalink)
"Have you installed latest build 5 on your machine which is more stable.."

I installed whatever version was available for download from the HC site on 1/20/07. Since HC makes you jump through a bunch of hoops to get the installer (which is just a link to HC.exe, no build number or nothing) how can we know what build it is before we install it?

Got your little newsletter and I consider the part about the "Click and Install Apps" to be deceptive if not false advertising. No where in the newsletter or on the website does it say you only get to choose one from each category. HC makes it sound like the webadmin can have their choose of applications from each category and this is in fact not the case.

You either need to fix it where the web admins can have their choice or explicitly state on your website that only one app from each category can be installed. Not doing so could result in someone buying the product and then suing HC for making false claims and false advertising.

If it is possible to install more than one app from each category then please accept my apology and tell me what I need to do to enable this capability.

Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Piece of crap 2007/01/31 23:55:43 (permalink)
Like your comment.

So HC maybe a build number when you launch the installer? Shouldnt be to hard i would have thought.

Click and installs, lol i got 3 emails and the way they have put it sounds rather odd, like you say slightly false. We dont have click and install so cant verify you can select all packages, but from wht i see in global settings i doubt.

I also like the bit about real world production, cough its only started working after build 5, build 6 should fix another load of bugs, i reckon by april it should be ready for real world production without to many issues. Anyways i like what i see just need more of it.

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
My views are my own and not those of my company.
HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Piece of crap 2007/05/02 11:24:48 (permalink)
Well implementation is going to be changed for click and install. We will provide an option at HOST level where hostadmin will have flexibility to offer one or all click & install apps for each category.

e.g We are offering 3 types of forums

HC Forum
Snitz
phpBB

Whatever host has configured HC7 will change interface accordingly at RESELLER and WEBADMIN levels.

Regarding HC7 build, you can see current build number and updated date from here.

+1-213-341-1419
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Piece of crap 2007/05/02 11:27:32 (permalink)
Nice job on the download page :)

Pat on the back for sorting out everyones concerns over click and install!

HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Piece of crap 2007/05/02 11:32:58 (permalink)
Please let us know, How exactly you want to change its implementation with HC7?

+1-213-341-1419
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Piece of crap 2007/05/02 12:16:04 (permalink)
Allow hcadmin to decide which click and install apps will be available to resellers, the reason for this is phpbb can have security issues etc and they may not want to give the end user the choice.

So a simple enable and disable

hcadmin gives resources for each resource, so zencart they could give 20 to one reseller, that reseller then can sell 20 zencart app's etc

I reckon being able to disable each click and install on a global base is important and then allow the admin to control them via resource in the plan.

Hope that makes sense :)

HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Piece of crap 2007/02/15 10:07:50 (permalink)
Don't you worry simple enable and disable option for click and install will be available at host level.

+1-213-341-1419
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: