LockedJust reporting some bugs.

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
Albert38
2007/02/20 11:38:03 (permalink)

Just reporting some bugs.

Our trail periode is almost over now and we decided not (yet) to buy HC7 becourse of the folowing problems we discovered with release 7.00.0006

1- Afther trying to "set next billing day" loged in as reseller HC response with:
Error : 70102040 : You do not have enough rights to perform this operation.

2 - Recuring invoices are not emailed at all

3 - Bandwith calculation is not working We finaly discoverd that the value BandwidthCalcStartTime = 23 in the HC7 DB means that HC starts at 0:00 hour but whatever we do there is no way that bandwidth calculation is don every hour. So with bandwidth calculation starting at 0:00 hour no bandwith report is created.

4 - AWSTATS is working afther installation of HC until you try to change its settings afther changing te setting AWSTATS stop working. We discovered that HC7 is putting several parts for AWSTATS in the file ServerSettings.xml that are incorrect and coursing AWSTATS to stop working. Repairing the ServerSettings.xml file by hand is fixing this problem.

5 - When a reseller wants to switch a bought by a user hosting plan not all hosting plans are visible so it might be posible you can not switch to the correct hosting plan.

6 - A user is not able to switch to an other hosting plan.

7 - If set a website that is over disc qouta is not suspended

8 - When payment is more than the set days over due a website is not suspended

30 Replies Related Threads

Alish
    RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/02/20 23:16:59 (permalink)

Add this
    When I want to delete a SQL database hc gives me an error about sql client and the db is not deleted.
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/02/21 04:32:28 (permalink)
    I think we have the same prob with bandwidth / disk / awstats

http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4395&whichpage=3

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
    My views are my own and not those of my company.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/02/21 07:30:18 (permalink)
    @Albert38

1- Afther trying to "set next billing day" loged in as reseller HC response with:

It is not replicated. It seems that you are trying to change the "Next Billing Day" of that customer whose plan "Due Since Date" is N/A means when you sold plan to this customer at that time in HC panel Billing was not configured.

Replicated and Forwarded.

3 - Bandwith calculation is not working We finaly discoverd that the value BandwidthCalcStartTime = 23 in the HC7 DB means that HC starts at 0:00 hour but whatever we do there is no way that bandwidth calculation is don every hour. So with bandwidth calculation starting at 0:00 hour no bandwith report is created.

4 - AWSTATS is working afther installation of HC until you try to change its settings afther changing te setting AWSTATS stop working. We discovered that HC7 is putting several parts for AWSTATS in the file ServerSettings.xml that are incorrect and coursing AWSTATS to stop working. Repairing the ServerSettings.xml file by hand is fixing this problem.

Forwarded.

5 - When a reseller wants to switch a bought by a user hosting plan not all hosting plans are visible so it might be posible you can not switch to the correct hosting plan.

Its not replicated. HC will list only those plans which are configured as visible to that customer and their resoures are equal or more than consumed resources.

Not Replicated.

Replciated and Forwarded.

Not Replicated. Please make sure you have properly configured your Billing System and set appropriate value of Suspension time.

@Alish

Add this
    When I want to delete a SQL database hc gives me an error about sql client and the db is not deleted.

Not Replicated.

Please contact HC Support for those issues which are not replicated. They will debugg this issue for you. We need your satisfaction prior to the purchase of HC. We can extend your demo for further days. Hopefully those issues will be fixed in upcoming Build 7. Thanks

+1-213-341-1419
    Albert38
    RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/02/21 16:11:14 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by HC Support
    [br]@Albert38

It is not replicated. It seems that you are trying to change the "Next Billing Day" of that customer whose plan "Due Since Date" is N/A means when you sold plan to this customer at that time in HC panel Billing was not configured.

Double checked this user was migrated from HC6 to HC7 in oure test case. On HC6 billing was working perfect.

quote:

Hopefully this is solved in the next update..

quote:

Reported this from build 4 and up.. A workaround is simple trigger bandwidth calculation by importing the right registery key 1 minute before 0:00 hour.

quote:

Forwarded.

Reported this from build 4 and up...

quote:

Its not replicated. HC will list only those plans which are configured as visible to that customer and their resoures are equal or more than consumed resources.

Why not less a customer can alway's decide he wants to switch back to a plan with less bandwidth quota. We where testing with a fake customer that started with a plan of 5GB bandwith and tried to switch back to a plan with 1GB bandwitdh we could only switch up not down.
    quote:

Not Replicated.

Well User logs in click on 'Hosting Plans' a list of Purchased Plans is viewed. At this point user can only click on the 'details' button no switch button availible. Sure you can not replicate this it isn't there !!

Replciated and Forwarded.

Not Replicated. Please make sure you have properly configured your Billing System and set appropriate value of Suspension time.

Setting are all correct user is migrated from HC6 in HC6 website was suspended the propper way.
    Albert38
    RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/02/21 16:37:06 (permalink)
    New problem

View Bandwidth Usage Report is wrong it shows total Bandwidth used of all month in the table under 'Consumed' there where 'Allocated' and 'Left' are showing bandwith/month so a user that Consumed in X month more than the montly quota has a negative quota under Left.

The select query to create this Bandwidth Usage Report is missing the part that selects only the current month Bandwidth Usage.

But there is more..
    If you switch to 'Bandwidth Usage Graph' the consumed bandwith of all months is displayed in one month if you select the 'Last two months' view. All other views are working proper.

My demo is expired today but seems to be fully working.. HC development please do not repair this bug !!!!
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/02/23 10:35:05 (permalink)

Replicated with migrated user. Incase if we have a free migrated plan then Enable billing for reseller and set plan price; after that we will not able to set ' next billing date '.

2 - A user is not able to switch to an other hosting plan.
    Not replicated

Still not replicated. Please contact support with your panel access.

3- When payment is more than the set days over due a website is not suspended.

Still not replicated. Please contact support with your panel access.

Please get my point. User can only downgrade his plan to smaller plan if he did not comsume more than any resource of smaller plan.

View Bandwidth Usage Report is wrong it shows total Bandwidth used of all month in the table under 'Consumed' there where 'Allocated' and 'Left' are showing bandwith/month so a user that Consumed in X month more than the montly quota has a negative quota under Left.

The select query to create this Bandwidth Usage Report is missing the part that selects only the current month Bandwidth Usage.

But there is more..
    If you switch to 'Bandwidth Usage Graph' the consumed bandwith of all months is displayed in one month if you select the 'Last two months' view. All other views are working proper.

Forwarded.

My demo is expired today but seems to be fully working.. HC development please do not repair this bug !!!!

Well its not a bug. You can still login after demo expiration but you can not create any domain / user from hc panel.

+1-213-341-1419
    Albert38
    RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/02/23 12:07:07 (permalink)
    Support has access to my server for over more than a month

New problems detected
    1 - discoverd.. "Disk Usage Calculations" is not updating automaticly
    2 - No weekly 'Disk Usage Reports' are emailed.
    3 - No 'Disk Usage Warnings' are send when site was over (the configured) 80% of disk usage.
    4 - A website 1094.21 MB over (the configured) disk quota is not suspended. (Threshold Limit set to 100%, Action to Perform set to Suspend Website)
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/02/24 07:33:33 (permalink)
    Still not having much luck with this at all, awstats will not auto update at all.

HC Response if you would be so kind?

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
    My views are my own and not those of my company.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/02/27 09:19:41 (permalink)
    @Albert38

1 - discoverd.. "Disk Usage Calculations" is not updating automaticly.

Fixed in upcoming Build 7 which is expected in a week time.

2 - No weekly 'Disk Usage Reports' are emailed.
    3 - No 'Disk Usage Warnings' are send when site was over (the configured) 80% of disk usage.

Will check it.

4 - A website 1094.21 MB over (the configured) disk quota is not suspended. (Threshold Limit set to 100%, Action to Perform set to Suspend Website)

Fixed in upcoming Build7

5-Recuring invoices are not emailed at all.

Please make sure reseller/webadmin has configured their billing profiles.

6-View Bandwidth Usage Report is wrong it shows total Bandwidth used of all month in the table under 'Consumed' there where 'Allocated' and 'Left' are showing bandwith/month so a user that Consumed in X month more than the montly quota has a negative quota under Left.

But there is more..

Fixed in upcoming Build 7.

7- AWSTATS is working afther installation of HC until you try to change its settings afther changing te setting AWSTATS stop working. We discovered that HC7 is putting several parts for AWSTATS in the file ServerSettings.xml that are incorrect and coursing AWSTATS to stop working. Repairing the ServerSettings.xml file by hand is fixing this problem

There should'nt be multiple entries in server settings file for awstats. But this does not interfere with the Awstats update schedular. We've checked locally and awstats is working fine. Please don't edit ServerSettings.xml file manually, its not recommended and it can cause more problems. If you have issue with AwStats please contact support.

Support has access to my server for over more than a month

We dont keep server access with us. Its better to open new ticket for machine specific issues with server access. Support will debugg these issues for you.

@Dhosting.co.uk

If you have any issue with AwStats then please contact support with your server access because that is not a bug.

@Alish

Please make sure SQL Server was properly configured with HC and you can manualy delete and create db through enterprise manager. If issue is still there please contact support.

+1-213-341-1419
    Albert38
    RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/02/27 09:52:25 (permalink)
    I will install HC's new build when it is there to check if bugs are fixed. Multiple entries for AWstats are for sure interfering with the proper working of AWstats removing these enties was the only way to make AWstats work. Afther creating a new website with Awstats statistic the multiple entries where back and AWstats stoped working for all sites. For acces to my test server check the stil open ticket #2032166-0901
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/02/27 11:14:16 (permalink)
    Albert, You did not update your ticket#2032166-0901. Please update ticket after Build 7. Thanks

+1-213-341-1419
    Albert38
    RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/02/28 01:45:05 (permalink)
    And again found a few new bugs.

1 - Afther updating the 'Default Recurring Price' of a addon HC7 response with 'Success : Resource added successfully' but there is nothing added nor changed in the DB. Also after 'TriggerResourcesUpdate' (with regedit) nothing is changed.

2 - On the 'Sold Add-Ons' page you are able to change the 'Billing Method' first select a add-on change the 'Billing Method' and click the 'Update Billing Method' HC will respond with 'Error : 70200010 : Some exception occurred while updating records.' nothing is changed.

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/02/28 07:39:45 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Albert38
    [br]And again found a few new bugs.

1 - Afther updating the 'Default Recurring Price' of a addon HC7 response with 'Success : Resource added successfully' but there is nothing added nor changed in the DB. Also after 'TriggerResourcesUpdate' (with regedit) nothing is changed.

2 - On the 'Sold Add-Ons' page you are able to change the 'Billing Method' first select a add-on change the 'Billing Method' and click the 'Update Billing Method' HC will respond with 'Error : 70200010 : Some exception occurred while updating records.' nothing is changed.

Both issues are not replicated. Please make sure your all HC Services are running. Its better to update your ticket and contact support. They will check your panel.

+1-213-341-1419
    Albert38
    RE: Just reporting some bugs. 2007/02/28 14:24:43 (permalink)
    Originally posted by HC Support
    [br
    quote:
    Originally posted by Albert38
    [br]And again found a few new bugs.

Tri to change recuring cost by the item 'Disk space MB'
    quote:

It seems this is working propper on a system that has only installed HC7. The bug is only detected on a system that is updated from HC6
    quote:

Both issues are not replicated. Please make sure your all HC Services are running. Its better to update your ticket and contact support. They will check your panel.

+1-213-341-1419

Emails of Recuring invoices are now send but 'CC all mails to me' is NOT working. On the page 'Customize Your Templates' all checkboxes are checked.

Is is a good service that Support checks my (test)panel but it must work proper out of the box. In the past I asked to leave a note what has been changed by support so that I know what is going on at the server, They didn't leave any.. I'm sorry but I am person that wants to control his own devices.. So I need every change documented.
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to: