LockedAnyone using SmarterMail ?

Author
cwildermuth
2007/12/03 20:49:17 (permalink)

Anyone using SmarterMail ?

I have SmarterMail "integrated" with HC but it doesnt work... when i create a new domain it says Error : 70701172 : Website created successfully; Error occurred while creating Mail Domain.

I can create mail domains manually and they work fine.

Just as a side note, I get rid of the built in http server for SmarterMail and integrated with IIS on port 80. Is this the issue? i adjusted my HC setup for domain and port accordingly.

Is there a log somewhere that gives me more info than "it didnt work" Would SmarterMail tell me? I'm not sure how the integration works so i dont know where to look.

Also, when I try to add mail to an existing domain after I enter in all the info I click the add button and it just sits there.

I'm running release HC 7.0.6

6 Replies Related Threads

crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Anyone using SmarterMail ? 2007/12/03 21:06:57 (permalink)
    I use MailEnable, sorry.

RN
    cwildermuth
    RE: Anyone using SmarterMail ? 2007/12/03 22:29:46 (permalink)
    I'm done with HC7. I'm moving to DotNetPanel. HC7 is making me lose too much money waiting around for it to work. The software doesnt work out of the box as advertised, the language barrier is too great, developers seem to be too interested in adding new features (like auto update) rather than fix the bugs that already exist, and as far as I can tell HC is run by a single guy...

DotNetPanel supports the software I already purchased too.

Does anyone need a 50 domain Linux license? (another not very well documented fact... i bought a Linux licnese and THEN found out I had to have a Windows license anyhow..so I rented one.)
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Anyone using SmarterMail ? 2007/03/13 03:53:30 (permalink)
    A story i'm hearing quite a lot i'm afraid :(

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
    My views are my own and not those of my company.
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Anyone using SmarterMail ? 2007/03/13 09:15:29 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dhosting.co.uk
    [br]A story i'm hearing quite a lot i'm afraid :(

@Chris, We really love HC, right? Thousands of Control Panel in the market, but we always with HC... Maybe we need an special discount :) ... (Patient is the word.. that define HC)

RN
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Anyone using SmarterMail ? 2007/03/13 09:18:00 (permalink)
    I havent seen any special discount on my last invoice :(

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
    My views are my own and not those of my company.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Anyone using SmarterMail ? 2007/03/13 09:44:27 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by cwildermuth
    [br]I'm done with HC7. I'm moving to DotNetPanel. HC7 is making me lose too much money waiting around for it to work. The software doesnt work out of the box as advertised, the language barrier is too great, developers seem to be too interested in adding new features (like auto update) rather than fix the bugs that already exist, and as far as I can tell HC is run by a single guy...

DotNetPanel supports the software I already purchased too.

Does anyone need a 50 domain Linux license? (another not very well documented fact... i bought a Linux licnese and THEN found out I had to have a Windows license anyhow..so I rented one.)

I guess support has replied for Smarter Mail issue. What is your ticket number and let me know what are your issues? Please list all of your issues. We will check them on high priority.

+1-213-341-1419
    Jump to: