LockedIssues in build 8 & some notes

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Author
HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/10/04 11:49:39 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Albert38
[br]HEllO !!!! HC SUPPORT can you anser please !!!

If the email problem is no bug it must be simple to correct the .NET settings so that the conflict is solved.

HC uses Smtp class in System.Web.Mail namespace to send its mails. We were having numerous issues on random client’s machines where mails were not being delivered and the Mail sending module was throwing “Could not access 'CDO.Message' object" exception. Please refer to following links given below that show the possible reasons for this error. We cross checked all the suggestions given in these threads with the HC mail sending module. We did not find any difference in HC’s implementation and the suggestions given in these articles except the 6th suggestion in the first article given below. We tried this suggestion and got success on two servers which were having problem sending mails. The code went through local QA and we did not find any problem with the change according to suggestion 6. So this change was released in build 8, but unfortunately this suggestion too didn’t prove a perfect solution for some of our clients like you. So meanwhile we find a perfect solution for this problem,we don’t want the clients having problem to suffer because of this error. Also we don’t want clients to revert back to build 7 and continue with the bugs that were fixed in build 8. So it is required to revert back ONLY the mail sending module of the build 8 to the one in build 7 and ONLY on machines that are having mail sending problem with build 8 instead of reverting the whole build. Its better to let us do it for you as any mistake might crash the whole HC panel.

http://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/4.2.3.aspx
http://forums.asp.net/thread/713369.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/mstehle/archive/2005/11/23/496418.aspx

Let me assure you that we are working on it and trying to find an exact solution to this problem. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

+1-213-341-1419
crnunez
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/10/04 12:20:35 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by HC Support
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by Albert38
[br]HEllO !!!! HC SUPPORT can you anser please !!!

If the email problem is no bug it must be simple to correct the .NET settings so that the conflict is solved.

HC uses Smtp class in System.Web.Mail namespace to send its mails. We were having numerous issues on random client’s machines where mails were not being delivered and the Mail sending module was throwing “Could not access 'CDO.Message' object" exception. Please refer to following links given below that show the possible reasons for this error. We cross checked all the suggestions given in these threads with the HC mail sending module. We did not find any difference in HC’s implementation and the suggestions given in these articles except the 6th suggestion in the first article given below. We tried this suggestion and got success on two servers which were having problem sending mails. The code went through local QA and we did not find any problem with the change according to suggestion 6. So this change was released in build 8, but unfortunately this suggestion too didn’t prove a perfect solution for some of our clients like you. So meanwhile we find a perfect solution for this problem,we don’t want the clients having problem to suffer because of this error. Also we don’t want clients to revert back to build 7 and continue with the bugs that were fixed in build 8. So it is required to revert back ONLY the mail sending module of the build 8 to the one in build 7 and ONLY on machines that are having mail sending problem with build 8 instead of reverting the whole build. Its better to let us do it for you as any mistake might crash the whole HC panel.

http://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/4.2.3.aspx
http://forums.asp.net/thread/713369.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/mstehle/archive/2005/11/23/496418.aspx

Let me assure you that we are working on it and trying to find an exact solution to this problem. We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

+1-213-341-1419

HC, About Suggestion 6 in http://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/4.2.3.aspx:
I have no idea why this suggestion works, but I found it on the web. I figured I would mention it, just in case Suggestion 1 did not work. Instead of specifying
SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "127.0.0.1"
try
SmtpMail.SmtpServer.Insert( 0, "127.0.0.1 or your mail server name here")
-----------------------------------
I think that you should check, What is the difference between build 7 (works excellent in this matter) and build 8 (with issue in this matter)?

What is the IP in HC build that looking for sending mail?? Are you need to force any special IP for it works?: example "SmtpMail.SmtpServer.Insert( 0, "127.0.0.1 or your mail server name here")"

One extra improvement:

Try send any mail from Manager Center :: New Message

Select (My Server Name with IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

Then view Select User(s) : It doesnt have any sort, then I think that a good solution maybe is first view Resellers and second users should appear all webadmins.

Thanks.

RN
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/10/04 12:30:52 (permalink)
[br]@Chris

1. BUG (SERVER Specific OR HC 6.1 Migration Issue) - Reseller cant view used bandwidth by end users

It has already been fixed in Build 8, please recheck it.
Not on our box it hasn't, will pass directly to support

2. REQUEST - What happened to my dual MySQL and mssql support I thought it was going to be in build 8

We are already working on it and you will get this feature very soon.

Buld 9 or 10?

3. BUG - We have been having problems with PayPal, not sure if its working in build 8, people were paying the money but credit card wasn’t marking them as paid.

There is no issue with paypal after build 8.

OK Awaits customer to attempt payment :)

4. BUG - Every time you guys release an update you destroy our autosignup, it reverts to default, some pages are still as we modified some aren't.

Well, in case of any change in variable or code we have to change it for all RESELLERS otherwise it will not work.

OK maybe you could put in release notes autosignup updated please rebuild your templates or something, so we know at least

5. REQUEST - Will you guys integrate PayPal express checkout and PayPal api (its different to normal PayPal)?

This is FuturePay, we will check this feature but we already have some high priority tasks in our list so I cannot commit when we can implement it.

I will do some reading and see if i can work it into HC

6. BUG - When a reseller replies to a ticket twice, and you look at the ticket the latest reply is shown first, shouldn’t it be the other way round?

I think current implementation is correct. Latest reply always comes on the top. You know better when you reply to any email, latest will come on the top.

Yeah see your point must have been drunk when i wrote that

7. BUG - When a reseller replies to a ticket the end user doesn’t get emailed, but the reseller gets the ticket created email and so does the end user.

We are checking it.

Awaits Reply

8. IMPROVEMENT - When you disable a feature i.e. CMS Manager instead of graying it out wouldn’t it be better to hide the icon?

This is our implementation. Hiding an icon will confuse the end user whereas graying the icon means this feature is not available to him and he can ask his owner to purchase that feature.

OK but for us who dont have the addon pack very annoying to have buttons that dont do anything :( Maybe you could make it hcadmin choice gray out or remove

9. BUG - When you go to folder manager and select a folder and click zip it up, it creates the archive but hc doesn’t put the .zip file extension

We are checking it.

Awaits Reply

10. BUG - When I tried to delete the zip file in hc I got Error : 72500040 : Error occurred while deleting the File/ Folder.

We are checking it.

Awaits Reply

11. IMPROVEMENT - In user profile can you stop forcing user to put a company name in, end users aren't always companies, or make a selection box which says company yes or no, if user selects yes show the company name box, this needs to apply to end users and probably resellers, when you fix this check your emails still work I'm not sure if some of them use the company name.

Okay, we will make company name as optional.

Good i did point this out last year in beta testing :)

12. IMPROVEMENT - In autosignup if a users county / state doesn’t exist they cant add it to the list

This will add junk to your database. Its not a good idea to provide this option to auto signup user.

See your point, maybe an easy way for hcadmin to input states / county data, i wrote a piece of sql for UK

13. IMPROVEMENT - Merak - allow reseller to specify how much disk space is available for mail boxes

We have noted down this feature.

Yeah would be nice

14. IMPROVEMENT - Merak - mail stats both bandwidth and disk space are needed

Ok we will check if it could be implemented through HC.

Ok i know through merak api you can pull the stats etc

15. IMPROVEMENT - Merak - when a users plan is suspended for none payment disable merak domain so mail will not work

Mail is very important thing. We simply can’t do it. Disabling a website is enough. Also in case we stop his mail domain then how he will get emails from his owner?

Point taken but we prefer users not to use email addresses hosted on our system, if we go down (that means 3 mail servers die) how would we contact them? Anyways leave it the way it is then

16. BUG - When using URL Redirection if I put http://www.dhosting.co.uk/suspended.html for example hc puts an extra / at the end, this isn't needed and causes errors.

We are checking it.

Tested 3 times same result my extra magic "/"

17. IMPROVEMENT - Allow reseller and hcadmin to specify force SSL for autosingup, when handling end users cc details it needs to be in SSL mode, so if URL doesn’t contain https then redirect ?

ok

Defo needed or you break most UK laws and if you were using PayPal API and collecting cc info you would break the T&C

18. IMPROVEMENT - Under virtual directory allow end user to make it an app directory, so asp.net can be enabled, problem some of our users get is if they want to run multiple .net apps they need virtual directory or physical directory to be created as an application in IIS, that means assigning an app pool to

We are checking it.

Would save me a lot of time :)

19. IMPROVEMENT - HC Debug log for bandwidth and disk space generation would be good same for AWStats generation

Its not clear.

Under my server > debug > can you make a disk, bandwidth and awstats log, so we can see if hc failed to get disk quota info for a site, if bandiwdth generation worked, which sites awstats update was run on etc

20. IMPROVEMENT - Reseller Settings (under my server menu) allow a default to be specified i.e. all resellers by default are named based resellers only unless hcadmin alters the settings

Why? Any good reason.

Mainly because resellers get a bit confused, they try to use IP sites, in the EU IP's arent available in large amounts we have to justify, until IPV6 is around we are limited, so we assign IP's at hcadmin level. Also as hc doesnt allow an admin to specify which IP's can be used a reseller could end up using an IP which is running apache or something there for giving a conflict

21. IMPROVEMENT - Allow custom menus under current main menu's, i.e. under help we would like a link to our status page

All custom menus are created under custom head. We can’t allow user to create custom menu in other heads.

Come on be nice, we want to replace the hc trouble ticket link with our helpdesk link, i'd rather it went in the correct section!

22. IMPROVEMENT - Custom menu's allow custom logo next to new menu items

Okay, we will do it.

Gooooood!

23. IMPROVEMENT - When logged in as hcadmin on main front page it would be nice to see current resource usage along side Sold, at the moment the front page is meaning less as it just shows a symbol for sold :)

Actual consumed is meaning less for HOST. HOST has only concerned with what he has sold yet.

Maybe disk space and bandwidth usage, i and others like to know whats happening without going down the menu structure but if you want to leave it like that fine!

24. IMPROVEMENT - Ability to view windows logs in control panel, maybe under my server > server settings

Okay, we will do it.

Excellent!

25. Any news on our API :)

We have started our work on it. You will get it soon.

OK well more details of the API functionality would be nice

26. BUG (Maybe SERVER Specific) - I still see hc sync service in task manager says 64mb ram but in process explorer shows 98mb of ram, still something isn't quite right

We have changed Sync service in build 8. Try to do something on your machine and now it will not create problem for you. Its running with low priority now.

Its not the priority its why do we have 30mb of ram being used but not showing correctly aka a leak

27. REQUEST - Put something up on the hc site about the developers, or have like a chat session once a month, something like Microsoft do with their webcasts, I don’t believe any of the hc users speak directly to the developers but it would be nice to know what they think and what's going on. Bit of a community thing :)

Sorry, due to company policy we can not implement it. :)

Well thats a bit sad, never going to hit microsoft level with out a bit of community spirit, oh well :(

+1-213-341-1419

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
My views are my own and not those of my company.
crnunez
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/10/04 14:10:46 (permalink)
@Chris and HC

About 27 points.

1º I have also this issue. HC you have a Flash Video with the issue...

7º Yes, I have this issue.

9º I have this issue. One deprecated solution is put the subfix "foldertozip.zip" but it isn't nice for final customers...

11º Excellent HC..

18º Its very important, please be carefull when HC create this, it should has correct apppool for V1.1 or 2...

20º I don't agree because at this moment Host Admin can select if Reseller has or hasnt IP Based, Named Based form Reseller Settings...

26º We have severe problems with this, after 4 days server UP (Without any restart) the values for HC Services is more than 750 MB and grew up!! I think that HC must have any timer for recycling HCSync Service... What about it?

Thanks!

RN
Albert38
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/10/04 14:24:28 (permalink)
Well HC support go ahead and make my test server work. I hope you are willing to leave a note how to revert the mailsend component from build 8 back to build 7 so that i can do the same on my other server.
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/10/04 14:57:40 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by crnunez
[br]@Chris and HC

About 27 points.

1º I have also this issue. HC you have a Flash Video with the issue...

7º Yes, I have this issue.

9º I have this issue. One deprecated solution is put the subfix "foldertozip.zip" but it isn't nice for final customers...

11º Excellent HC..

18º Its very important, please be carefull when HC create this, it should has correct apppool for V1.1 or 2...

20º I don't agree because at this moment Host Admin can select if Reseller has or hasnt IP Based, Named Based form Reseller Settings...

26º We have severe problems with this, after 4 days server UP (Without any restart) the values for HC Services is more than 750 MB and grew up!! I think that HC must have any timer for recycling HCSync Service... What about it?

Thanks!

RN

Point 18 - yes you are correct, this need to enable the user to make a directory into an application there for allowing them to set an asp.net version etc.

Point 20 - a default isnt going to kill anyone, currently when you create a reseller it defaults to ip based not named based if you get my drift. So would be quite simple to implement setting of default

Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/11/04 01:09:32 (permalink)
Oh dear look at this mem leak, not impressed at all guys, get it fixed!

http://www.dhosting.co.uk/hc7memleak.jpg

Wondered why our control server was using 1.5gb ram this morning quick sync service restart drops to 1.16gb which is about normal.

Albert38
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/11/04 14:28:31 (permalink)
HC thanks for fixing my mail module in HC7 build 8.

PayPal Payment problem might be misconfiguration.

I configured the payment gateway for reseller this way.
PayPal Email Address : "My registered paypal email adres"
Command Type : _xclick
Send IPN : YES
IPN URL : 'Left blank'
> Results in:User has done payment Paypal is registering the payment but HC doesn't

Changed settings to:
IPN URL : http://www.YourDomain.com:8787/BillingManager/PaymentResponse.aspx
> Results in:User has done payment Paypal is registering the payment but HC doesn't

Changed settings to:
IPN URL : http://www.YourDomain.com/admin/BillingManager/PaymentResponse.aspx

I used this as reference.http://support.hostingcontroller.com/index.php?action=kb&article=225
What am I doing wrong ??
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/11/04 14:36:40 (permalink)
Funny we have the same problem as you can see from my reported list of bugs hc say its fixed but i'm not 100%

stsa55
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/11/04 16:19:22 (permalink)
Even this article didn't help us to complete paypal process http://support.hostingcontroller.com/index.php?action=kb&article=225

nitaish
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/12/04 06:44:01 (permalink)
When is HC going to change Unlimited Minus Unlimited equals Zero? Or may be I need to teach my children the new concept of Mathematics.

Come on now!!!! This issue should be fixed on priority. We cannot sell Addons to the customers. This way we are losing out on business.

HC !!!!!!!! Are you listening? [?]

Regards

Nitesh N
System Administrator
QualiSpace, A QuantumPages Enterprise.
Corporate URL: http://www.QualiSpace.com
HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/12/04 07:04:40 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by nitaish
[br]When is HC going to change Unlimited Minus Unlimited equals Zero? Or may be I need to teach my children the new concept of Mathematics.

Come on now!!!! This issue should be fixed on priority. We cannot sell Addons to the customers. This way we are losing out on business.

Regards

Nitesh N
System Administrator

I have already told you please contact HC Support but you have posted your comments again.

+1-213-341-1419
nitaish
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/12/04 07:47:00 (permalink)
quote:
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by nitaish
[br]When is HC going to change Unlimited Minus Unlimited equals Zero? Or may be I need to teach my children the new concept of Mathematics.

Regards

Nitesh N
System Administrator

I have already told you please contact HC Support but you have posted your comments again.

+1-213-341-1419

What is the use of contacting Support when they don't understand what it means? I have told you people this is a bug in HC7. If you don't believe me then try to sell Unlimited Plan to a webadmin and then try to sell an Add On to another webadmin. You will get the same error. When contacted the support department, I get the following reply:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Well nitesh If you sold unlimited plan to the webadmin then it making no sense to sell him Add-on with limited resouce. Secondly send us your server access in which we may fix unlimited popup quota issue.

Also please don't open multiple ticket for same queries.

Regards,

Technical Support Engineer

For Priority Support visit http://hostingcontroller.com/english/support/phoneSupport.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Even If we post a bug to your Support team, we are always asked for the server Administrator password. Now does it make sense to check the server instead of replicating the bug and resolving it?

I think there are many people who will agree with me.

Regards

Nitesh N
System Administrator
HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/12/04 12:55:00 (permalink)
@nitesh

Tahir replied for this question:

"When is HC going to change Unlimited Minus Unlimited equals Zero? Or may be I need to teach my children the new concept of Mathematics."

Following issue has been replicated on our local machines and soon it will be fixed. You did not mention this issue in any of your already opened ticket in this way.

"What is the use of contacting Support when they don't understand what it means? I have told you people this is a bug in HC7. If you don't believe me then try to sell Unlimited Plan to a webadmin and then try to sell an Add On to another webadmin. You will get the same error. When contacted the support department, I get the following "

+1-213-341-1419
HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/12/04 13:21:14 (permalink)
@Chris

2. REQUEST - What happened to my dual MySQL and mssql support I thought it was going to be in build 8

We are already working on it and you will get this feature very soon.

Buld 9 or 10?

We are trying our best to release in Build 9 otherwise you will get this feature in Build 10.

13. IMPROVEMENT - Merak - allow reseller to specify how much disk space is available for mail boxes

14. IMPROVEMENT - Merak - mail stats both bandwidth and disk space are needed

Please explain how you want to implement this feature. A brief explanation will be appreciated.

20. IMPROVEMENT - Reseller Settings (under my server menu) allow a default to be specified i.e. all resellers by default are named based resellers only unless hcadmin alters the settings

Mainly because resellers get a bit confused, they try to use IP sites, in the EU IP's arent available in large amounts we have to justify, until IPV6 is around we are limited, so we assign IP's at hcadmin level. Also as hc doesnt allow an admin to specify which IP's can be used a reseller could end up using an IP which is running apache or something there for giving a conflict

Ok we will check it

21. IMPROVEMENT - Allow custom menus under current main menu's, i.e. under help we would like a link to our status page

All custom menus are created under custom head. We can’t allow user to create custom menu in other heads.

Come on be nice, we want to replace the hc trouble ticket link with our helpdesk link, i'd rather it went in the correct section!

You can disable trouble ticket menu item and add your helpdesk customer menu anywhere in the panel.

@Albert

Since paypal has changed their implementation there is some problems in making payment through paypal with HC. Anyway we are working on this module soon it would be completely fixed. Thanks

+1-213-341-1419
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Jump to: