LockedIssues in build 8 & some notes

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/05/16 17:37:37 (permalink)
Guys i have put together a hc7c build 8 bug / improvement list!

http://www.dhosting.co.uk/HC7cBugListBuild8.csv

If anyone has reported a bug which i've missed or you have emailed directly to hc please drop me a pm / email. Note it needs to be a bug which hc has verified, if its not verified yet post it in the forum so hc and other users can verify it!

The plan is once build 9 is out we can quickly look at issues in build 8 and see if they have been fixed. (I will ask hc if we can grab the beta to build 9 once they have completed their testing so we can verify fixed bugs and report any issues etc!)

I really think hc should introduce something like bugzilla at least then we can see current bugs, hc can post temp workarounds and refer users to the bug reference, once a bug is fixed you can change its status to fixed etc!

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
My views are my own and not those of my company.
crnunez
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/05/18 12:17:55 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Dhosting.co.uk
[br]Guys i have put together a hc7c build 8 bug / improvement list!

http://www.dhosting.co.uk/HC7cBugListBuild8.csv

If anyone has reported a bug which i've missed or you have emailed directly to hc please drop me a pm / email. Note it needs to be a bug which hc has verified, if its not verified yet post it in the forum so hc and other users can verify it!

The plan is once build 9 is out we can quickly look at issues in build 8 and see if they have been fixed. (I will ask hc if we can grab the beta to build 9 once they have completed their testing so we can verify fixed bugs and report any issues etc!)

I really think hc should introduce something like bugzilla at least then we can see current bugs, hc can post temp workarounds and refer users to the bug reference, once a bug is fixed you can change its status to fixed etc!

Excellent Chris. On more extrange "issue", when HC create a domain.com@domain.com with MailEnable, in setup proccess, for an extrange reason HC assign 8096 KB for this mail box. Now, Why doesnt HC take the value by default under MailEnable Messaging Manager Properties (it said: New mail box has a size limit: 51200 KB or any other value)?

Thanks!

R.N.
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/05/18 12:39:38 (permalink)
If another user can confirm this or hc confirm it i will add it to my issues list.

I do have a couple more issues to bring up which i will post over the weekend more to do with .co.uk or domains with two dotts in their extension i.e. au.com or something like that.

HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/05/19 08:33:36 (permalink)
quote:
[br]If another user can confirm this or hc confirm it i will add it to my issues list.

I do have a couple more issues to bring up which i will post over the weekend more to do with .co.uk or domains with two dotts in their extension i.e. au.com or something like that.

Some of issues are already fixed in build 9 and we are checking remaining reported issues and will update you.

+1-213-341-1419
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/05/19 10:10:31 (permalink)
Here is a list of bugs and issues for you too look at, hc could you confirm the bugs and any thoughts on the improvements i have suggested

IMPROVEMENT - My Server > System Emails - ability to organise emails ASC / DESC to address, sent date, type, action,

IMPROVEMENT - IP Blocker - allow end users to block IP's which can access their websites

IMPROVEMENT - Ability to switch billing method for end user, i.e. they purchase hosting plan which they pay monthly and then they want to go to yearly payment

BUG - Billing System - When "Suspend Plan of all Clients on non-payment after this many day(s) " is un-ticked hc does not save this setting. Changing drop down to never solves this but un-ticking the box should change the drop down to never and save the tick status.

IMPROVEMENT - Billing System - Allow reseller to change from one billing currency to another i.e. USD to GBP (This has been very annoying since v6.1, reseller has to setup billing before selling a plan or they end up billing in the wrong currency.

IMPROVEMENT - Setup Wizard, when a reseller logs in for the first time a setup wizard would be helpful, i.e. set name servers, setup billing etc etc!

BUG - Show/Hide Quick Help - This doesn't seem to work on most pages, have hc created the help notes yet? or can we add our own in????

BUG - Autosignup - When autosignup is in free signup mode users details aren’t saved to profile e.g. name, address, postal code, phone num etc

IMPROVEMENT - Payment Gateways - Native support for start date and issue number, this is now common on most debit cards and credit cards now start to have start dates!

BUG - Payment Form - When allowing CC entry hc shows expiry dates from the previous year i.e. it shows 2006, were in 2007!. Maybe hc should grab the current year from the server and then do year+1 all the way to +10 !

BUG - Payment Form - Credit Card No seems to have no limit on field length! Credit card numbers do have a max length

IMPROVEMENT - Payment Form - Credit Card No allow user to enter spaces and hc then removes them during processing of payment, or display a note (NO Spaces)

IMPROVEMENT - Payment Form - Allow Company name to be entered

IMPROVEMENT - Payment Form - Display Country drop down list and maybe province / state?

BUG - Billing System > Transaction Statement - This doesnt seem to work (migration issue?)

IMPROVEMENT - Reports > Bandwidth Usage - Allow ASC / DESC sorting of allocated, consumed, left

IMPROVEMENT - Reports > Disk Usage - Allow ASC / DESC sorting of allocated, consumed, left

IMPROVEMENT - Reseller Specific DNS Settings - Allow reseller to add custom dns zone settings to all new domains (i.e. Host record which will redirect to what they have specified, like in global settings under hcadmin)

IMPROVEMENT - ASP.NET AXD Issue - There is a bit of an annoying bug in ASP.NET which means that some sites which use AJAX will not work, the fix is to un-tick verify file exists for the .axd extension in IIS Domain Properties, is their any way to allow hc users to apply the fix (i.e. removing the verify file exists tick). Note disabling this during domain creation wouldn’t work, we have found some sites require the tick box to be ticked and some don’t! This effects ASP.NET URL Re-write based sites too like dotnetnuke!

IMPROVEMENT - SSL CSR Generation - have hc managed to get anywhere with this, would be handy if hc could generate the code required so we can order SSL's for users.

IMPROVEMENT - Custom Module Support - will hc allow custom modules to be created, i.e. we want to build in support to end users can access our offsite backups and restore files on the fly, of course not many hc servers would need this so hc wouldn’t create it but being able to create custom modules and integrate them with hc would be nice!

HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/05/19 10:58:30 (permalink)
Here are comments for some of your reported issues.

Multiple MSSQL & MySQL Support - Due Build 9

Feature will be provided in Build 9.

When you go to folder manager and select a folder and click zip it up, it creates the archive but hc doesn’t put the .zip file extension

You should give file name with .zip extension at the time of zip file addition.

When I tried to delete the zip file in hc I got Error : 72500040 : Error occurred while deleting the File/ Folder.

It is not replicated. It is necessary to have Winzip software installed on your machine to Unzip file.

When using URL Redirection if I put http://www.dhosting.co.uk/suspended.html for example hc puts an extra / at the end, this isn't needed and causes errors.

Its not replicated.

Custom menu's allow custom logo next to new menu items

Feature will be provided in Build 9.

Unlimited Minus Unlimited equals Zero

It will be fixed in Build 9

PayPal IPN issues, hc does not registered payments

It will be fixed in Build 9

HC doesnt remove HC Isapi from IIS when the resource is ok or normal

New implementation will be available in Build 9.

ACL Repeat perms in Control Panel.

Fixed in Build 9.

ACL Perms not added correctly, hc fails to replace perms on folders / files below directory selected

Replicated

Template editing, autosignup - domain "Exception occured while composing template."

Fixed in Build 9.

Template editing, autosignup - billing none of the drop down boxes are filled correctly, cant select payment method

Fixed in Build 9.

HCAdmin creates add-on with 0.00 setup and say 10.00 monthly cost, "Error : 70102040 :
You do not have enough rights to perform this operation."

Fixed in Build 9.

When selling plan with 0 quota for a resource, hc still allows reseller to specify a resource amount for a resource they don’t have (no logic!)

Please explain.

W3SVC-WP Error (password sync!)

Fixed in Build 9.

Payment Gateway creation if you leave Minimum amount empty hc fails to proceed to the next step, validation is required (i.e. message that says field needs to be populated)!

You must have to give minimum payment amount so nothing wrong with it.

Upload files through Domain--->Folder Manager Option

Replicated.

My Server > System Emails - ability to organise emails ASC / DESC to address, sent date, type, action,
Reports > Bandwidth Usage - Allow ASC / DESC sorting of allocated, consumed, left
Reports > Disk Usage - Allow ASC / DESC sorting of allocated, consumed, left

Done in Build 9.

Billing System - When "Suspend Plan of all Clients on non-payment after this many day(s) " is un-ticked hc does not save this setting. Changing drop down to never solves this but un-ticking the box should change the drop down to never and save the tick status.

You have to enable YES and then select Never in drop down menu. It will resolve your problem

Show/Hide Quick Help - This doesn't seem to work on most pages, have hc created the help notes yet? or can we add our own in????

We are working on it.

Autosignup - When autosignup is in free signup mode users details aren’t saved to profile e.g. name, address, postal code, phone num etc

We don’t take information from user in free signup so we can not store any information.

Payment Form - When allowing CC entry hc shows expiry dates from the previous year i.e. it shows 2006, were in 2007!. Maybe hc should grab the current year from the server and then do year+1 all the way to +10 !
Payment Form - Allow Company name to be entered
Payment Form - Display Country drop down list and maybe province / state?
Billing System > Transaction Statement - This doesnt seem to work (migration issue?)

Forwarded to the concerned dept.

Abdullah Inayat

+1-213-341-1419
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/05/19 12:20:33 (permalink)
HC reply below, i have updated the csv file to reflect bugs which dont appear to be bugs any more!

1. When you go to folder manager and select a folder and click zip it up, it creates the archive but hc doesn’t put the .zip file extension
HC Answer... You should give file name with .zip extension at the time of zip file addition.
Answer... OK noted, looks to work if you type .zip! (Maybe some validation to make sure user types .zip or something?

2. When I tried to delete the zip file in hc I got Error : 72500040 : Error occurred while deleting the File/ Folder.
HC Answer... It is not replicated. It is necessary to have Winzip software installed on your machine to Unzip file
Answer... Didnt know we needed winzip installed, where is that in hc system requirments?

3. When using URL Redirection if I put http://www.dhosting.co.uk/suspended.html for example hc puts an extra / at the end, this isn't needed and causes errors.
HC Answer... Its not replicated.
Answer... Your right i dont see this any more, rather odd about 3 weeks ago it was adding an extra /

4. When selling plan with 0 quota for a resource, hc still allows reseller to specify a resource amount for a resource they don’t have (no logic!)
HC Answer... Please explain.
Answer... Example i set a resource to 0 for a reseller, reseller goes to create plan, clearly they dont have the resource, hc still puts 1 in the resource box, when they save they get an error but it doesnt tell them which resource, so when a reseller creates a plan they have to set each resource they dont have to 0 then once saved go back and click exclude!

5. Payment Gateway creation if you leave Minimum amount empty hc fails to proceed to the next step, validation is required (i.e. message that says field needs to be populated)!
HC Answer... You must have to give minimum payment amount so nothing wrong with it.
Answer... I dont agree, hc should show error output and tell the user where the issue is.

6. Billing System - When "Suspend Plan of all Clients on non-payment after this many day(s) " is un-ticked hc does not save this setting. Changing drop down to never solves this but un-ticking the box should change the drop down to never and save the tick status.
HC Answer... You have to enable YES and then select Never in drop down menu. It will resolve your problem
Answer... That doesnt make sense, i dont want hc to suspend plans so i untick yes which means no or am i mad? surely if i deselect it means no and it should select never from the list, or if i were you remove the tick box, if you select never that means no so the tick box is a waste of time!

7. Autosignup - When autosignup is in free signup mode users details aren’t saved to profile e.g. name, address, postal code, phone num etc
HC Answer... We don’t take information from user in free signup so we can not store any information
Answer... Why??????? If the user fills in the info it should be stored, example user signs up the reason why we set it to free at the moment is hc paypal isnt working so user signs up then logs in and pays using payment form, but allowing free signup without storing info is mad, spam spam spam! I think you guys need to look at why your not storing the info!a

crnunez
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/05/19 21:30:33 (permalink)
HC Support, On more extrange "issue", when HC create a domain.com@domain.com with MailEnable, in setup proccess, for an extrange reason HC assign 8096 KB for this mail box. Now, Why doesnt HC take the value by default under MailEnable Messaging Manager Properties (it said: New mail box has a size limit: 51200 KB or any other value)?

Thanks!

R.N.

R.N.
Albert38
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/05/20 14:09:41 (permalink)
One extra issue. When you configure an addon you are only able to enter a price with 2 decimals.
For example:
You create an addon for 1Mb bandwidth and a price of 0.01 (lowest posible) 1Gb will cost a custommer 10.00

In some currency this doesn't make sense.

So the Addon bandwidth has to be in Gb or it must be posible to set the recuring price to a value with 3 or 4 decimals.
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/05/21 07:33:38 (permalink)
HC regarding my URL Redirection bug

If you put http://somedomain.com/page.html and try to go to the website it will put an extra / at the end, hc needs to tick exact url entered above in the url redirection options.

Can you test and confirm the above please!

HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/05/21 11:34:44 (permalink)
Thanks for reporting above issues. We have forwarded them to the concerned dept.

Chris:

We have double checked redirection issue and still not able to replicate. Please let us know exact steps to replicate it.

+1-213-341-1419
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/05/22 10:29:07 (permalink)
Create a url direction for a domain and put http://www.dhosting.co.uk/suspended.html

When you then try to use the website it redirects you but puts http://www.dhosting.co.uk/suspended.html/ in the browser window which gives page not found, hc needs to select exact url entered in IIS properties!

HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/05/22 12:01:12 (permalink)
quote:
[br]Create a url direction for a domain and put http://www.dhosting.co.uk/suspended.html

When you then try to use the website it redirects you but puts http://www.dhosting.co.uk/suspended.html/ in the browser window which gives page not found, hc needs to select exact url entered in IIS properties!

Still not able to replicate. Please contact support with your panel access.

+1-213-341-1419
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/05/24 04:25:49 (permalink)
HC i will email support later today or on friday!

Another suggestion sometimes like today for me we need to add a second mx record to all domains now i can do it for new domains through hc but what i really want to see is a mass dns update tool, either like we can add a new record and ch updates all domains dns zones or delete a record we have created i.e.

I want to add a new mx record for our second mail box
So in hc i would go to the servers settings edit them add the new record i need and hc would then prompt do you want to update all dns zones, but once created you can also delete and mass update etc.

Always helps if your migrating ip blocks if you can mass dns update, currently i download all the zones and do find and replace in dreamweaver takes about 40mins of my time as you can only do 10-15 at a time in dreamweaver!

HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Issues in build 8 & some notes 2007/05/30 10:12:56 (permalink)
We have noted down your suggestion. Thanks

+1-213-341-1419
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to: