LockedIssues after Build 10 and Build 6 release.

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
HC Team
Hosting Controller
2007/11/07 05:18:42 (permalink)

Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release.

Build 10 for Windows and Build 6 for Linux have been released. Please click here for further details and post your comments and issues in this thread.

+1-213-341-1419

23 Replies Related Threads

crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/18 08:39:39 (permalink)
    I also see this:
    Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: W3SVC-WP
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 2266
    Date: 18-Jul-07
    Time: 06:35:35
    User: N/A
    Computer: Myserver
    Description:
    The account that the current worker process is running under does not have SeTcbPrivilege privilege, the anonymous password sync feature and the Digest authentication feature are disabled.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Other OLD issue: In 7 days HC use more 1 GB of RAM!!!! Its a fact.

When do you give any solution for it?

Suggest: When I disabled an account the Mail Server is enable, its wrong.
    If I disabled account ssss.com then ssss.com website is disable, ftp disable, and must be disable DNS for this domains and Mail Server for this domain (Mail Enable Enterprise).

Thanks.

R.N.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/18 10:55:30 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by crnunez
    [br]I also see this:
    Description:
    The account that the current worker process is running under does not have SeTcbPrivilege privilege, the anonymous password sync feature and the Digest authentication feature are disabled.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

If I disabled account ssss.com then ssss.com website is disable, ftp disable, and must be disable DNS for this domains and Mail Server for this domain (Mail Enable Enterprise).

Thanks.

R.N.

Are you getting above event viewer error for newly created domains? Which service of HC is using that much of RAM?

+1-213-341-1419
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/18 11:16:46 (permalink)
    We haven’t had the w3svc error with new sites just the old ones which we corrected the other week.

All though one bug i believe I’ve found

Reseller1 creates Webadmin1 he sells webadmin1 a plan with 1 domain, 1 mail domain etc etc

Webadmin wants an extra domain so reseller1 sells webadmin1 an extra domain resource.

Reseller1 then goes and alters his plan not changing the domain resource value, say he adds everyone an extra ftp account.

When he clicks save he gets an error about domain resources for webadmin1, that shouldn’t be as he’s been sold an extra resource!

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
    My views are my own and not those of my company.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/19 08:53:10 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dhosting.co.uk
    [br]We haven’t had the w3svc error with new sites just the old ones which we corrected the other week.

All though one bug i believe I’ve found

Reseller1 creates Webadmin1 he sells webadmin1 a plan with 1 domain, 1 mail domain etc etc

Webadmin wants an extra domain so reseller1 sells webadmin1 an extra domain resource.

Reseller1 then goes and alters his plan not changing the domain resource value, say he adds everyone an extra ftp account.

When he clicks save he gets an error about domain resources for webadmin1, that shouldn’t be as he’s been sold an extra resource!

We haven't found above mentioned problem in local testing. Here is exact scenario which we tried to replicate:

1- Create a new plan with 1 user account, 1 domain, 1 mail domain quota.

2- Create a new webadmin + domain+ mail domain using that plan

3- Sell a domain Add-on to the webadmin

4- Now at reseller level edit the same sold plan resource (ftp account) then press save button. It didn't prompt any error.

+1-213-341-1419
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/20 00:28:45 (permalink)
    Did you create a second domain in the webadmin, i.e. you've sold him the resource bit did he actually use them?

Also second question why oh why in autosignup does hc not save the customers details, i.e. name, address, city, county, postal code, country, contact number. You can't collect the data and not save it :(

A client also got an interesting suspension impending notice last week. Basically he has been with us for a year, paid his bill of £59.99 last July. Now when his bill came up this year in the email it said he owed £59.99x2 lol, when he went to pay it only charged him £59.99 bit odd, could be related to migration balance who knows :)

Also can you guys check if you change a website from shared IP to dedicated IP if dns records are updated i did this for one of our domains the other day but dns was not updated but IIS was :)

There’s a couple more issues here and there I will note down at some point.

farabord
    RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/21 04:19:08 (permalink)
    Hi,
    where can I check myLittleAdmin Web-based database manager for SQL Server 2005 support which HC has added in new build?

Domain & Hosting Department
    Farabord Communications
    --
    Host@farabord.com
    Tel: (+98)311-6632981
    Fax: (+98)311-6630050
    Address: No. 5, 3rd Fl., Golestan Complex, Mir St., Esfahan
    Iran
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/21 04:27:23 (permalink)
    Its under global settings

Have you seen the price though http://www.mylittleadmin.com/en/purchase.aspx

Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/21 04:57:34 (permalink)
    Microsoft SQL 2005 Implementation change

I'm sure the sql 2005 hosts out there have seen when a user uses management studio they can see all databases and users on a server.

Now to solve being able to see other users hosts need to run a script, lost the reference lol will find and post shortly :)

The above fix only needs applying once to the sql 2005 server

---------------------------------------------------------------
    To solve the viewing of databases the following needs changing in the hc implementation

dbowner needs setting to the sql user hc creates not the sql server admin user in the server settings

The deny view any database permission needs setting when the sql user is created.
    Sample code…….
    USE Master;
    DENY VIEW ANY DATABASE TO sqluser;
    GO

I believe this will stop usernames and database names being exploited etc.

This helps with privacy issues and other security concerns.

Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/21 14:07:40 (permalink)
    HC you forgot to tell everyone about a new feature in build 10

My Server > Display Settings

New tick box
    Hide Menu Items when Disabled : (Tick = Yes, Untick = No)

If you dont have the click and install apps installed / enabled your users no longer have to ask you why they cant click on them :)

crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/23 09:03:02 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by HC Support
    [br]
    quote:
    Originally posted by crnunez
    [br]I also see this:
    Description:

Thanks.

R.N.

Are you getting above event viewer error for newly created domains? Which service of HC is using that much of RAM?

+1-213-341-1419

Really sorry for delay, I view this issue for all domains, I dont test it for new domains. About high memory usage, the service is HCSyncservice.exe and HCRemotingService.exe and some dependencies sub proccess in HC. I suppose that any user with more than 100 domains should have this issue, after 1 week without restart this services the memory for total HC HCsomething.exe is around 1 GB RAM!!! It is a high value for a Control Panel.

Other issue, about skinks, I have one customer that Can NOT access to Control Panel for it:

Server Error in '/admin' Application.
    Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

BUT this customer has in www/ the file Web.Config with this:

****IT IS THE PROBLEM!!!****

The issue appear each time any customer put in your webpages the SAME NAME for system values that HC used then CRASH.

Solution: Can you used others paramethers? Example: styleSheetThemeHC...

Control Panel has encountered a runtime error. Following are the details of the error.

Error Information

Exception : System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
    Message : Theme 'Blue' cannot be found in the application or global theme directories. (e:\Webspace\rzonanet\domain.com\domains.com\www\web.config line 8)

Source Information

Source : System.Web
    TargetSite : System.String get_StyleSheetThemeInternal()

Stack Trace

Thanks a lot.
    R.N.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/23 10:22:31 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Dhosting.co.uk
    [br]Did you create a second domain in the webadmin, i.e. you've sold him the resource bit did he actually use them?

Also second question why oh why in autosignup does hc not save the customers details, i.e. name, address, city, county, postal code, country, contact number. You can't collect the data and not save it :(

A client also got an interesting suspension impending notice last week. Basically he has been with us for a year, paid his bill of £59.99 last July. Now when his bill came up this year in the email it said he owed £59.99x2 lol, when he went to pay it only charged him £59.99 bit odd, could be related to migration balance who knows :)

Also can you guys check if you change a website from shared IP to dedicated IP if dns records are updated i did this for one of our domains the other day but dns was not updated but IIS was :)

There’s a couple more issues here and there I will note down at some point.

Issues has been replicated and we are getting Error : 70100510 : Update failed; some Resources are in use".

+1-213-341-1419
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/23 10:24:08 (permalink)
    Exactly HC odd thing is that was fixed about 4 builds ago.

Albert38
    RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/23 13:37:39 (permalink)
    Verry funny bandwith report.

Today I got some copy's of bandwith report emails see below.
    It seems now HC doesn't know the difference between MB and GB
    quote:

Plan Name Allocated Consumed Remaining
    3 site 50GB p/m [Jul 04, 2007] 48,83 GB 65142,85 GB 423138,40 GB
    Domain Name Consumed
    domain1.com 19629,52 GB
    domain2.com 45407,07 GB
    domain3.com 83,35 GB
    domain4.com 1,62 GB
    domain5.com 2,09 GB
    domain6.com 465 MB
    domain7.com 5,77 GB
    domain8.com 848 MB
    domain9.com 5,70 GB
    domain10.com 6,42 GB
    domain11.com 5 MB

Total 48,83 GB 65142,85 GB 4231,38 GB

In the hostingcontroller panel the values are correctly displayed but the emails aren't

This box was installed with HC build 9 and updated to build 10 Both builds are sending this emails. A box that is updated from build 6 up to 10 is working normal.

After build 10 is installed I olso get this error message in aplication log.
    quote:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: (100)
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 24-7-2007
    Time: 12:12:39
    Computer: PERFECTESERVICE
    Description:
    Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.3959, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0201e8e0.

HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/24 10:45:56 (permalink)
    @Albert

If your consumed bandwidth is lower than 1 GB then HC will show you its total consumption in MB. We have locally verified it. If you still have confusion please contact HC support with panel access.

"w3wp.exe" is a IIS process associated with application pool. If you have more than one application pool, you will have more than one instance of w3wp.exe running. Is there any problem with your IIS?

+1-213-341-1419
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: