Lockedupgrade from 6 or wait?

Author
kieranmullen
Premium Member
2007/11/09 09:04:48 (permalink)

upgrade from 6 or wait?

just trying to get user opinions on the matter.

thank you

kieranmullen

KieranMullen

7 Replies Related Threads

Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: upgrade from 6 or wait? 2007/09/14 08:09:29 (permalink)
    Go buy H_E_L_M :)

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
    My views are my own and not those of my company.
    kieranmullen
    Premium Member
    RE: upgrade from 6 or wait? 2007/09/14 09:41:31 (permalink)
    Why do you say that after hanging aound here so long?

KieranMullen
    Dhosting.co.uk
    Premium Member
    RE: upgrade from 6 or wait? 2007/09/14 12:37:52 (permalink)
    There are too many bugs at the moment; hc hasn't released an update for v7 in over 2 months.

There is currently a security bug which was in v6.1, lessons clearly haven't been learned.

The fact HC cant bill customers correctly and cant process payments or auto signups for firefox users is a major issue.

The product isn’t heading the way we would like or for a fact the way HC users want, example of this is all the click and install apps or Linux web support. Even though hc is a multiserver cp many features are missing, an example would be the ability to move users and websites between servers, in-depth monitoring is also missing.

Webhosts can't operate a successful business if the control panel doesn’t work, it should reduce the amount of time needed for support but in hc's case at the moment it does not, its increasing support requests and it makes us look rather silly that it can't bill correctly and customers can't pay.

The ideal CP for us is one which supports secondary mail and dns on both windows and linux servers and has the ability to actually add secondary mail domains, another feature like multiple php version support all though simple to implement is not in HC but in the other CP’s, support for MS Exchange isn’t their yet. I don’t believe HC will be ready in time for Windows Server 2008 making HC hosts miss the opportunity for growth and profit. A webhost needs to be able to rely on their control panel 24x7 and know it will support new features and software as they come out. Another thing I can’t stand about HC is the lack of an API or custom AutoSignup where you can integrate it into your own systems, in v6.1 we did extensive modifications it wasn’t perfect but worked in v7 due to code lockdown we can’t do anything, removing the custom route from the CP.

HC i would welcome your comments on my views, i would like to see what you think!

An idea i put to HC about a year ago was rejected basically allow the HC users which pay for the software vote for features, i.e. giving users what they want, remember if no one pays for the software hc can't survive.

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
    My views are my own and not those of my company.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: upgrade from 6 or wait? 2007/09/15 07:12:06 (permalink)
    Go buy H_E_L_M :)

This is what you posted couple of months before:

"I guess they could have found a bug when they installed build 10 i assume it was the pre-release.

This has happened before on final release.

i.e. hc have released a build clients install and find a bug, they re-release the update next day with a fix :)

Still i dont think its a bad product, h_e_l_m has a lot of issues you do not hear about trust me on that, the control panels seem to have a lot of machine specific issues."

There are too many bugs at the moment; hc hasn't released an update for v7 in over 2 months.

There is currently a security bug which was in v6.1, lessons clearly haven't been learned.

Security issue has been fixed. Build 11 will be released by the end of this month with backup and recovery system. That is the main feature which is delaying Build 11 release.

The fact HC cant bill customers correctly and cant process payments or auto signups for firefox users is a major issue.

Issue has been fixed.

The product isn’t heading the way we would like or for a fact the way HC users want, example of this is all the click and install apps or Linux web support. Even though hc is a multiserver cp many features are missing, an example would be the ability to move users and websites between servers, in-depth monitoring is also missing.

This feature will be provided in coming build.

Webhosts can't operate a successful business if the control panel doesn’t work, it should reduce the amount of time needed for support but in hc's case at the moment it does not, its increasing support requests and it makes us look rather silly that it can't bill correctly and customers can't pay.

Issues related to firefox browser have been fixed.

The ideal CP for us is one which supports secondary mail and dns on both windows and linux servers and has the ability to actually add secondary mail domains, another feature like multiple php version support all though simple to implement is not in HC but in the other CP’s, support for MS Exchange isn’t their yet. I don’t believe HC will be ready in time for Windows Server 2008 making HC hosts miss the opportunity for growth and profit. A webhost needs to be able to rely on their control panel 24x7 and know it will support new features and software as they come out. Another thing I can’t stand about HC is the lack of an API or custom AutoSignup where you can integrate it into your own systems, in v6.1 we did extensive modifications it wasn’t perfect but worked in v7 due to code lockdown we can’t do anything, removing the custom route from the CP.

-MS Exchange support is in our to do list.
    -HC API will be released next month.

HC i would welcome your comments on my views, i would like to see what you think!

An idea i put to HC about a year ago was rejected basically allow the HC users which pay for the software vote for features, i.e. giving users what they want, remember if no one pays for the software hc can't survive.

Since HC7 release we have supported many new features suggested by our valued customer. We have already created a thread on this forum you can post your suggestions here

+1-213-341-1419
    crnunez
    Premium Member
    RE: upgrade from 6 or wait? 2007/09/25 20:29:34 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by kieranmullen
    [br]just trying to get user opinions on the matter.

thank you

kieranmullen

KieranMullen

Ok, green light , you can upgrade from HC6.1 to HC7, it is a good or normal version at this moment.

BUT, I agree with Chris about some points. Please HC, in the past you made new releases each month (I remember always on day 15 in every month)...

Regards.

R.N.
    kieranmullen
    Premium Member
    RE: upgrade from 6 or wait? 2007/09/25 22:22:28 (permalink)
    I heard I would lose features. Is this true? If so which ones would I use? Will I be able just to download and install the 7.1?

They said they were goign to release on the 15th but never did.

They also had an upgrade which they charged people $99 for but then decided to give it away for free. When I asked for a refund they just said "sorry" Not even a credit towards the purchase of the backup product which I also bought as well which I guess I didnt need to buy after all since that is given away for free as well?

KieranMullen
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: upgrade from 6 or wait? 2007/02/10 07:31:32 (permalink)
    You will not loose any feature. You can upgrade to HC7 without any problem. It is more reliable and powerful version.

+1-213-341-1419
    Jump to: