Lockedclick & install Apps with latest mysql/php

Author
patrick
Premium Member
2007/10/27 06:51:31 (permalink)

click & install Apps with latest mysql/php

HC recommend mysql 4.1.7 & Php 5.1.2 for click Apps, no doubt all application working with these version. But how can we run with lastest Mysql 5.0.4 and Php 5.2.4. Has anyone tested with new version ???????

5 Replies Related Threads

cboyd213
    RE: click & install Apps with latest mysql/php 2007/10/29 03:13:41 (permalink)
    I currently run MySQL 5.0.45 and PHP 5.2.4 for my business

The following work:
    Snitz Forums 2000
    HC Forums
    phpBB Forums
    WordPress
    PostNuke
    WebCalendar
    Mambo 4.6.1
    Joomia 1.0.12
    Coppermine
    Plogger

The following I can't get to work:
    bBlog
    Gallery
    Xoops

Havn't Tested:
    Any of the E-Commerce
    Any of the Customer Support Solution
    cboyd213
    RE: click & install Apps with latest mysql/php 2007/10/29 03:17:39 (permalink)
    1st
    Some of the click apps are out of date.
    HC really needs to push out the new versions on the next build

2nd
    HC needs to setup the HC so you can use the old version of MySQL/PHP for apps and a 2nd version for databases
    patrick
    Premium Member
    RE: click & install Apps with latest mysql/php 2007/10/29 04:04:33 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by cboyd213
    [br]1st

2nd
    HC needs to setup the HC so you can use the old version of MySQL/PHP for apps and a 2nd version for databases

I have tested the rest of applications
    Ecomerece = Worked
    zen Cart = Worked
    Comersus= Worked
    Php Ticket Support= Worked

Crafty= Not Working (showing some php warning on home page)
    BBlog = Not Working ( Showing Blank Page )
    Gallery= Not Working (showing some php warning on home page)
    Xoops= Not Working ( Showing Blank Page )

I will go with latest PHP and Mysql because my concern with Ecommerce, Web Site Builder, Phpbb, Web Calendar and most important Web Data manager.
    HC Team
    Hosting Controller
    RE: click & install Apps with latest mysql/php 2007/10/29 10:46:50 (permalink)
    1st

We already try to update our main installer with latest stable version of click and install supported third parties. Thanks for you advise. We will further look into it.

2nd

This is what we can not control through HC. If there is no version compatiability issue between php and mysql then Click and Install should work. You must have compatiable php and mysql versions installed on your machine for proper working of click and install applications.

+1-213-341-1419
    patrick
    Premium Member
    RE: click & install Apps with latest mysql/php 2007/10/29 12:23:24 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by cboyd213
    2nd

Well I guess this is possible from HC panel as they are supporting Multiple Instances of Database server. So we can use Mysql 4.1.7 for Click Apps and Mysql 5 for user databases. And this can only be done if we turn Manual HC Load Balancer.
    But in php case they don't support 2 versions in a same machine.
    Jump to: