LockedDomain Name registration

Author
Robz
2009/05/28 03:26:42 (permalink)

Domain Name registration

Hello

Could someone please give me some tips on the best way to configure domain name registration for new customers?

I would like the customer to be able to search for a domain name and then make a purchase with their email\webhosting plan. I don't think HC8 allows the customer to change their A\MX records once it registers with Godaddy\Enom, so how do you get around this? Do you do it manually?

Your experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies Related Threads

Robz
    Re:Domain Name registration 2009/05/28 11:09:00 (permalink)
    HC has kindly replied to my question. If you do it differently to their recommendations I would still be interested to hear from you.
    patrick
    Premium Member
    Re:Domain Name registration 2009/05/28 20:48:39 (permalink)
    Robz

Hello

Could someone please give me some tips on the best way to configure domain name registration for new customers?

I would like the customer to be able to search for a domain name and then make a purchase with their email\webhosting plan.

The only think which we really miss is Whois option in the Auto signup. In current scenario at the time of domain creation of signup HC built-in whois application works and if domain available then it register , otherwise it skip this part.
    HC send email detail of new signup registration , incase my new customer face trouble in domain registration then I contact them to provide help in this matter.
    But now a days end user become so intelligent they usually check domain availability before domain creation.. lolzz

Although Reseller has options to check domain name availability from inside panel but still not through Auto signup.

I don't think HC8 allows the customer to change their A\MX records once it registers with Godaddy\Enom, so how do you get around this? Do you do it manually?

I am using Enom and I can't see any option for domain renewal, but the part of Host A/MX record editing yes we can do that from inside HC panel in Dns zone file.

sarabon007
    Re:Domain Name registration 2009/08/23 03:49:06 (permalink)
    me also want to know the same question ???
    HC Staff
    HC Staff
    Re:Domain Name registration 2009/08/23 09:42:37 (permalink)
    Here is a  pictorial & instructions link which shows how to register/renew/update domain registration in HC panel http://hostingcontroller.com/english/support/HC8Manuals/Brief_Manuals/HC_Realtime_Configuration/HC_RealTime_Register_Configuration.html
    Jump to: