LockedConcerned about HC and new release - Please Read.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
tonymak
Premium Member
RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/07/16 11:54:47 (permalink)
Didn¬t say change isn¬t good. but if i need a jaguar and not a hummmer i have the option to get the jaguar.

I don¬t use the other control panels with multi server support because that¬s not what i need. I don¬t need ftp on one server and web site on another server, or however this new version will be layed out.

my company changes constantly but the changes i can do require HC to work the way i need it to. i modify the HC to accomodate installation of my store system. will version 7 do that? or can i make it do that?

I don¬t use the billing i have my own. i need HC to install the sites and allow my customers to install my store system. I don¬t need to take my multi servers and have a control panel tell me how i¬m going to set thm up.

I don¬t need the hummer, i need my jaguar.

So if the new panel won¬t work for me and you discontinue to support 6.1 i¬ll need to be in the market again, i don¬t have a single setup i have several. and in light of the latest hotfix that repaired a security flaw that allowed 3 of my servers to be compromised and defaced non support of version 6.1 after version 7 will not be good for my company.

I¬m not looking for new features in version 6.1 my interests are will security flaws in version 6.1 still be addressed?

HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/07/21 07:02:30 (permalink)
HC v7C will release with the support of third party open source E-Commerce solution ."OSCommerce. If you d¬nt want to use this application then you may be able to integrate your third party by adding its menu option in HC panel.

Regrading your other question. Please check my above reply for the same post:

"HC v7C does not have any issue with HC v6.1, you can run both of them at a time on a single machine. FYI we will be supporting v6.1 for atleast 6 months period or till we are fully satisfied with v7C working."

HC v7C is ASP.NET based which is most secure and reliable in comparison to ASP.
tonymak
Premium Member
RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/07/21 14:32:45 (permalink)
Thanks for the info.
Don¬t nee OSC mine makes OSC look like a toy.

My company is built around my hosted solution eStore so hopefully i can get it integrated into v7 as i have it integrated into v6.1

is there someone someplace i can contact in reference to beta testing the v7? i¬d like to know as soon as posible what i will or will not be able to do. without my store integration i wouldn¬t be able to use v7 so my only option would be to stay with v6.1 but if your not supporting it at least for security issues longer than 6 months after v7 then that puts me in a bad position.

HC has always had my support and backing i hope we can keep that relationship going forward. if I need to stay with v6.1 and security issues will no longer be a supported option by HC that is my major concern, not change. I love change. but it¬s a matter integration.
HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/07/22 07:04:17 (permalink)
Tony, don¬t worry we will be supporting HC v6.1 for sufficient time period. Moreover, we will provide an API of HC v7C which will have full flexibility to integrate any of your third party software easily with HC in limited time.

Regarding beta availability, it would be announced on our website soon.
tonymak
Premium Member
RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/07/23 19:18:30 (permalink)
That sounds great! Thanks so much
HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Concerned about HC and new release - Please Read. 2006/10/18 12:00:39 (permalink)
Please check this thread: http://forum.hostingcontroller.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4325

+1-213-341-1419
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: