LockedHC7 Upgrade here we go :)

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
kieranmullen
Premium Member
RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2007/12/02 21:05:10 (permalink)
How long was product in Beta? How many beta testers are there?

KieranMullen
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2007/02/13 02:19:47 (permalink)
If i remember correctly i think the beta started in late October / start of November.

We tested it but didn’t have any spare servers to install it on, so our main testing was done on the 27th December when we installed the final release but as you know it was very buggy and has been since.

Most issues have been fixed but we are still waiting for secondary ns to be sorted (that’s a hint hc).

You can see my thread on the list of issues i found after the previous hotfix, the thing is I’m not sure if it was tested fully before release or if a last min issue was fixed and caused all these bugs but releasing a product which doesn't do as it says on the tin is a bit odd in my book. I know h_e_l_m had issues with their beta users couldn't install it but after all their hype i haven't seen a host in the UK which has it yet, lol so rather odd.

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
My views are my own and not those of my company.
HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2007/02/13 06:58:06 (permalink)
Build 6.0 for Windows and Build 3.0 for Linux have been released. Please check this URL.

+1-213-341-1419
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2007/02/13 07:21:41 (permalink)
I aint happy.

I quote bug
2. Secondary dns isn’t created the same as hc 6.1, hc ticks allow zone transfer to servers listed in name server tab, rather than specifying the server IP as in 6.1

That aint been fixed :(

So what the devil's going on?

Update:
Oh dear the following are still showing as issues on our box
2. Secondary dns isn’t created the same as hc 6.1, hc ticks allow zone transfer to servers listed in name server tab, rather than specifying the server IP as in 6.1
4. Autosignup when you get to stage 4, it shows some rather odd output, it lists both servers in our cluster instead of the 4 name servers the end user should use
5. Autosignup if you set a setup price in your plan say 50 and 0 for monthly fee it shows 0.00 during autosignup instead of the 50 setup, now if you add a monthly fee in it adds both figures up

Only bug that seems to be fixed is
3. Domain creation email, shows only first two ns records

Am i going mad or what???

HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2007/02/13 11:00:19 (permalink)
Issues were fixed but unfortunately some files were sent as "Read Only" in Build 6 thats why you are still getting some fixed bugs. We will update installer in coming 24 hrs. Here are my comments in bold:

You will get it in updated Build 6 installer.

4. Autosignup when you get to stage 4, it shows some rather odd output, it lists both servers in our cluster instead of the 4 name servers the end user should use

Due to limited space we only display two name servers but on the last page you should see all 4 name servers information.

5. Autosignup if you set a setup price in your plan say 50 and 0 for monthly fee it shows 0.00 during autosignup instead of the 50 setup, now if you add a monthly fee in it adds both figures up

You will get it in updated Build 6 installer.

+1-213-341-1419
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2007/02/13 12:09:20 (permalink)
Right hc next time to save face why not email me the update before release like build 5 :)

Regarding your comment
Due to limited space we only display two name servers but on the last page you should see all 4 name servers information.

I'm not sure how its changed in build 6 but in build 5 you have two like radio buttons instead of the name servers listed.

I dont get what you mean by space, lol the page is empty near enough unless i'm missing something.

HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2007/02/14 07:27:00 (permalink)
I'm not sure how its changed in build 6 but in build 5 you have two like radio buttons instead of the name servers listed.

I dont get what you mean by space, lol the page is empty near enough unless i'm missing something.

We have to change autosignup interface for it and it wil be changed in upcoming build 7. Your other reported issues are fixed in updated installer of build 6.

+1-213-341-1419
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2007/02/14 07:45:03 (permalink)
I can confirm all bugs apart from the stage 4 autosignup issue have been fixed.

We will be moving users in i would imagine wednesday night or friday night if all tests go well.

The autosignup needs a lot of work i'm afraid to say.

1. That stage 4 ns info needs fixing.
2. Also stage 4 on webadmin signup i reported third level issues, where a reseller and host should be able to specify which thirdlevel domain users can use, the way it is at the min someone could get a third level domain on any site on our server due to the way hc pull the info, so its a security issue.
3. Can we use a system like in v6.1 we can pass certain values to the autosignup to select a specific plan etc, instead of showing all the plans etc

HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2007/02/15 09:58:37 (permalink)
I can confirm all bugs apart from the stage 4 autosignup issue have been fixed.

We will be moving users in i would imagine wednesday night or friday night if all tests go well.

The autosignup needs a lot of work i'm afraid to say.

1. That stage 4 ns info needs fixing.

Please wait for Build 7.

2. Also stage 4 on webadmin signup i reported third level issues, where a reseller and host should be able to specify which thirdlevel domain users can use, the way it is at the min someone could get a third level domain on any site on our server due to the way hc pull the info, so its a security issue.

I guess you are missing something. We have already provided such option for reseller at this path Autosignup--->Set Default Top Level Domain. If you select 'None' in combo box then HC will use Autosignup URL domain as top level domain for subdomain creation through autosignup.

3. Can we use a system like in v6.1 we can pass certain values to the autosignup to select a specific plan etc, instead of showing all the plans etc

Open API will have fexibility to customize any module of HC in your own way. Above option is also already provided at this path Autosignup--->Set Auto Signup Enabled Plans

+1-213-341-1419
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2007/02/21 04:30:28 (permalink)
This is turning into a sorry story.

New bugs
1. HC Disk Usage is not being generated
2. HC Bandwidth Usage is ot being generated
3. AWStats is not being updated

I have done the usual change of the disk and bandwidth reg keys to 1 from 0 waited 15mins they never went back to 0, only on hc remoting restart did they go back to 0.

Clearly hc still isn't up to scratch

Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2007/02/21 04:37:04 (permalink)
Oh,

One last thing why is hc7c running awstats 6.4

I remember for v6.1 you made awstats 6.5 work with hc, so why have we dropped a version. 6.5 has great speed improvments rather odd, all though 6.6 is out now.

HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2007/02/21 07:38:38 (permalink)
Checking these issues and replied for them in this thread.

+1-213-341-1419
crnunez
Premium Member
RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2007/06/03 09:25:28 (permalink)
Some issues:

Event propierties:
A process serving application pool 'HC7AppPool' terminated unexpectedly. The process id was '10096'. The process exit code was '0x0'.

A process serving application pool 'HC7AppPool' terminated unexpectedly. The process id was '5720'. The process exit code was '0x0'.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1009
Date: 06-Mar-07
Time: 03:41:01
User: N/A
Computer: MYPC
Description:
A process serving application pool 'mydomain.com' terminated unexpectedly. The process id was '2640'. The process exit code was '0xc0000005'.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Is it normal???

RN
HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: HC7 Upgrade here we go :) 2007/06/03 10:38:53 (permalink)
Its not normal. It means your pool is being crashed constantly. You must be running something ( e.g check ISAPI filter in the property of HC Admin Site ) which might the reason for this crash. Please investigate and or contact support they will check it for you.

+1-213-341-1419
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: