LockedIssues after Build 10 and Build 6 release.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Albert38
RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/24 11:11:38 (permalink)
As stated in my message above in the bandwith report emails HC prints values of astronomic high bandwith consumption in GB not MB so there HC is doing something strange. I think this has something to do with regional and langues settings in Server 2003 (nut fully sure) but these settings are soposed not to mess up with emails created in HC

I have several instance of w3wp.exe running and there are no problems with IIS that I noticed. Olso found some other problem in the aplication log that I can't relay to a source.
quote:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSSQL$HC
Event Category: (8)
Event ID: 19011
Date: 24-7-2007
Time: 19:35:29
User: N/A
Computer: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 19011 ) in Source ( MSSQL$HC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: (SpnRegister) : Error 1355.

And this one comes up once every day after I changed the password of a user in the HC controlpanel.
quote:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: LsaSrv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 6033
Time: 13:56:40
Description:
An anonymous session connected from LOCALHOST has attempted to open an LSA policy handle on this machine. The attempt was rejected with STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED to prevent leaking security sensitive information to the anonymous caller.
The application that made this attempt needs to be fixed. Please contact the application vendor. As a temporary workaround, this security measure can be disabled by setting the \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\TurnOffAnonymousBlock DWORD value to 1.
This message will be logged at most once a day.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/25 10:52:28 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Albert38
[br]As stated in my message above in the bandwith report emails HC prints values of astronomic high bandwith consumption in GB not MB so there HC is doing something strange. I think this has something to do with regional and langues settings in Server 2003 (nut fully sure) but these settings are soposed not to mess up with emails created in HC

I have several instance of w3wp.exe running and there are no problems with IIS that I noticed. Olso found some other problem in the aplication log that I can't relay to a source.

quote:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSSQL$HC
Event Category: (8)
Event ID: 19011
Time: 19:35:29
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 19011 ) in Source ( MSSQL$HC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: (SpnRegister) : Error 1355.

And this one comes up once every day after I changed the password of a user in the HC controlpanel.
quote:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: LsaSrv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 6033
Time: 13:56:40
Description:
An anonymous session connected from LOCALHOST has attempted to open an LSA policy handle on this machine. The attempt was rejected with STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED to prevent leaking security sensitive information to the anonymous caller.
The application that made this attempt needs to be fixed. Please contact the application vendor. As a temporary workaround, this security measure can be disabled by setting the \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\TurnOffAnonymousBlock DWORD value to 1.
This message will be logged at most once a day.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

If you manually create any user on your server then you get the same error in event viewer? Its better to search these errors on internet as these have nothing to do with HC. Please contact support for bandwidth calculation issue.

+1-213-341-1419
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/31 04:23:19 (permalink)
Do we have an update / schedule for when secondary mail will be supported?

HC seems solid at the moment but webhosts need secondary mail support, at the moment were having to use custom scripts to keep our secondary mail working, i don’t see it being to hard merak there’s two settings for adding a backup / secondary mail domain, smartermail have documentation too. Would it not be better to support a couple of mail servers as secondary’s then add the rest over time?

www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services
My views are my own and not those of my company.
HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/31 06:21:08 (permalink)
This is the feature request. FYI currently we have loads of other important tasks pending in the list so can not commit anything at the moment.

+1-213-341-1419
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/07/31 06:50:49 (permalink)
Which features / tasks are more important?

HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/01/08 10:20:54 (permalink)
Some of the most important features are:

1- HC API
2- Backup & Recovery System
3- Live Update System

and much more.

+1-213-341-1419
Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/01/08 10:44:48 (permalink)
HC API - OK
Backup & Recovery System – OK (This is a major component though not a feature, its more like a separate piece of software)

Live Update System - Are you having a laugh, make sure it has a disable button, i think as with most hc admins autoupdate is the last thing we want.

The guys at icewarp said they were going to do that with merak mail server i think most people gave the big thumbs down to it.

You don’t want a key piece of software to autoupdate especially when its update history isn't perfect and I’m afraid to say HC your update history is far from perfect, all though not as bad as merak 8.9 release!

Maybe HC a voting system might help with feature priority, i.e. give the users what they want?

Dhosting.co.uk
Premium Member
RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/01/08 12:31:34 (permalink)
Right an interesting issue

I decided to look at the ACL Manager today and look what i found when i went view / edit / remove permissions

In the bottom section "Users and Groups to whom permissions have been assigned for this object :" you see the following

NETWORK SERVICE
ASPNET
anonymouswebsite_web
NETWORK
OWS_1072764119_admin
INTERACTIVE
webadminuser
resadmin
AdvWebAdmin
Administrators
SYSTEM

Why oh why do the end users have control over all those users?

End user should only be able to control

NETWORK SERVICE
ASPNET
NETWORK
anonymouswebsite_web
webadminuser

I dont see a need for anything else and tbh its a bit of a security risk, allowing users to remove the system user from their folders etc.

Can you guy's finally fix the ACL Manager once and for all, these is the third time its been incorrect.

HC Team
Hosting Controller
RE: Issues after Build 10 and Build 6 release. 2007/08/20 08:37:39 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Dhosting.co.uk
[br]Right an interesting issue

I decided to look at the ACL Manager today and look what i found when i went view / edit / remove permissions

In the bottom section "Users and Groups to whom permissions have been assigned for this object :" you see the following

NETWORK SERVICE
ASPNET
anonymouswebsite_web
NETWORK
OWS_1072764119_admin
INTERACTIVE
webadminuser
resadmin
AdvWebAdmin
Administrators
SYSTEM

Why oh why do the end users have control over all those users?

End user should only be able to control

NETWORK SERVICE
ASPNET
NETWORK
anonymouswebsite_web
webadminuser

I dont see a need for anything else and tbh its a bit of a security risk, allowing users to remove the system user from their folders etc.

Can you guy's finally fix the ACL Manager once and for all, these is the third time its been incorrect.

It was fixed in Build 10. We only display all these users for Host not for reseller/webadmin.

+1-213-341-1419
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: